Author Topic: Waiting in the wings  (Read 1019 times)

MrsDan

Re: Waiting in the wings
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 07:10:38 PM »
Not at all Tybec I'm glad you posted. That's why I posted. I don't like feeling like I'm trying to take something from their relationship. I don't like feeling like this, that's why I sought some validation.
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.

StillWidowed

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
Mrs. Dan,

I was also in a relationship where I felt like the kids came before me.  Hell, they DID come before me....every....single.....time.  I was crazy about this guy, and hung in there, and gave him space, and was understanding, and would completely turn my schedule upside down to accommodate him when he changed plans on me at the last minute because he was able to see his kids, etc.  Three years of on and off and hanging in there and waiting it out, blah blah blah.  Ultimately I had to walk away for my own well being.  I get a lot of "how are you still single" bullshit but this is one of the reasons why.  I want a man that makes me a priority and not an option.  I just feel like I've already been thru the worst, then that relationship kicked the shit out of me a little bit more, so if I have to be alone and wait for a good one, so be it.  Navigating dating and relationships after death just plain sucks.

(((Hugs))) to you.

tybec

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
Folks,

Almost laughable. NG text me asking what I was doing the week of July, the last week.  Umm, moving?!  Been talking about it a while, and I think I text him.

I responded, " And that is the last week with your kids, right?" He asked about moving his week time with his ex, requesting it, stating he would help if able to do so.  I told him not to worry about it with me, we would figure it out.   Don't rock the boat with the ex.

He responded, "Oh, well, I wanted to attend an event that Sat. and was asking for the change for that."  Not for me, not for helping, nope. 

Yup, need to see how we do in the same town for a while.  And communication.

tybec

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »
Mrs. Dan,

Noticed you deleted all your comments.  I appreciate this thread.  It is some tough stuff, taboo to talk about in some circles, but a reality for apparently many of us.  I do notice men are not seeming to respond, and so not sure about all that.  Maybe they handle it differently, or obviously, they do.

I think it is important to have somewhere to discuss this stuff.  And it is unpleasant.  But being part of this club is. 

Hope you will return.

Bluebird

• Blessed By Great Love Twice
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 06:30:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

After discussion among the moderating group, we have decided to lock this thread to further comments since the OP has deleted the initiating post. Thanks to all for your contributions.
My First Love, Peace Be Thine