Author Topic: Creeping up on 12 years ..  (Read 866 times)

Bear Shannon

Creeping up on 12 years ..
« on: July 18, 2017, 06:09:56 PM »
.. and I still get bummed.  :(

I'll need to get laid, drunk, or both.
Peace ~ Bear

Laurie RIP (Married 1980 .. Widowed 2005)

"Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it."
~ Odd Thomas (Dean Kootnz)

calimom

Re: Creeping up on 12 years ..
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:36:03 PM »
Hang in there, ya big lug.
"I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons, I'm keeping flowers in full bloom" - REM

Sugarbell

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »
Hey Barn! It's not September yet!! In September I'll get drunk with you (we can skype.. Lol).
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

fairlanegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 04:28:39 AM »
Mate, at our age I'd advise getting laid BEFORE getting drunk (OK, maybe just a teeny bit tipsy first would be alright!) I've seen your posts since I first joined here over 6 years ago - best wishes from across the Pacific.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »
Awe Barn, sorry its a bummer.  Good luck with the rest  ;) Good advise from FLG!
Hugs
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Adley

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »
If you can only pick one, play it safe. : )  shoot for drunk
Here's to my pretty young wife     sleepin amongst the stars           now they say what's hers is mine but I know what's ours is ours

Bear Shannon

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 12:29:32 PM »
Mate, at our age I'd advise getting laid BEFORE getting drunk (OK, maybe just a teeny bit tipsy first would be alright!) I've seen your posts since I first joined here over 6 years ago - best wishes from across the Pacific.

Good point.  :)
Peace ~ Bear

"Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it."

Bear Shannon

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »
Hey Barn! It's not September yet!! In September I'll get drunk with you (we can skype.. Lol).

Deal!  8)
Peace ~ Bear

Bear Shannon

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
Hang in there, ya big lug.

Thank you, ma'am.
Peace ~ Bear

Bear Shannon

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 12:32:23 PM »
Awe Barn, sorry its a bummer.  Good luck with the rest  ;) Good advise from FLG!
Hugs

Thanks BH2.
Peace ~ Bear

Bear Shannon

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
If you can only pick one, play it safe. : )  shoot for drunk

lol truth.   ;D
Peace ~ Bear

adp

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 05:48:38 PM »
Hey Bear, 11 years for me at the end of last month. Its not the same as it once was but still the thoughts and memories come. Can I call you a big lug too?

Bear Shannon

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 04:49:58 PM »
Can I call you a big lug too?

Sure  :)
Peace ~ Bear