Author Topic: This Time Frame Gets Quiet  (Read 781 times)

SieOma

This Time Frame Gets Quiet
« on: July 28, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »
How is everybody doing?
SieOma

(7.4.10)

"The best way out is always through," (Robert Frost).

TooSoon

Re: This Time Frame Gets Quiet
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »
I lost my shit in the 6-12 month time frame.  In a big way.  It was horrific.  How is everyone doing?

pamtxmom

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »
I'm at about the 9 month mark now.  I have finally come out of the shock and the initial fog.  I still cry nearly every day though.  Some people I've run into recently still don't know and commented on how "drawn" I look.  Well, duh!  My world was shattered.  I shouldn't get mad at them but I do.

Some people still check on me, but others just seem to have forgotten that I exist.  Especially DH's family members.

My girls and I are spending the summer together.  Not doing much, but trying to plan ahead to their graduations at the end of next year (one will graduate college, the other will graduate high school).
pamtxmom

SieOma

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 09:31:02 PM »
I remember sometimes longing for the early days when how I looked and felt was expected. Hugs to you.
SieOma

(7.4.10)

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 10:45:45 PM »
This was a good time on round 1 for me. I met the man who became my second husband. Crazy, but it worked.

This time frame was terrible on round 2. I had been diagnosed with cancer, my anxiety was through the roof and I didn't know what I was going to do with my life.

Fortunately, things have improved.
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

rockshaye

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 02:43:31 PM »
I'm in the 8 month mark, and I feel like a zombie.
 Numb to my new reality. I don't ever think life will be sweet for me but, I can appreciate the beauty in nature.

Mizpah

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »
I remember eight months being really hard for me.  Going through the motions, still in deep grief on the inside.  And I too looked to nature for my small comforts.  Even with a rebuilt life six years later, I still do.  I tried to take refuge in simplicity and simple things. 
widowed 2011 (DH 28)

Mishka3086

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 01:54:19 AM »
I'm at the 8 month mark as well. It just seems to get harder to accept and deal with. I also am shocked to see how his family has left us on our own. Our newborn was 10 weeks old when my husband was murdered and everyone made so many promises to us and my teenage son from previous relationship... "You're family, we lost 1 but gained 3", "you will never need anything, we'll take care of you", "we promised Sam we would always have your back"... In my case all of those promises proved to be empty within a few weeks of losing him, but now 8 months longer and I am struggling so much with the disappointment I feel towards them... 8 months in and I feel more lost than when it was just yesterday... I feel I will never stop hurting, I will never feel whole again... I am thankful for my 2 boys but also feel I am failing them for being in such a deep and dark depression... This is the absolute hardest thing I have ever gone through and I feel more alone than ever right now.

SieOma

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
Things certainly do look different once the shock is gone.
SieOma

(7.4.10)

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »
Yes things certainly did for me look so very differently around that 8-9 month time frame.  It was very dark,lonely and painful time and place.  There was a statement on YWBB that I read and helped to sustain me at the time.
"If you're going through hell, just keep going"   Winston Churchill.
I realized that I wasn't alone in hell and others kept going and so can I and you can too.  Keep going.  It didn't stay that hell for me and I pray it doesn't for you.  You can do this and you're not alone although you probably feel at many times that you are.  We are here to listen and help how we can.  I don't know what I would have done without all the amazing caring people here that helped me survive hell.
Hugs to all of us. XO
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:56:23 PM by BrokenHeart2 »
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 06:35:56 PM »
Thoughts are with you. That was such a very hard time for me.
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

angelk75

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »
I'm at almost the one year mark and my emotions seem to just be all over the place lately. Today at work I was doing fine and then I went on break and was completely blindsided by an overwhelming amount of pain and sadness, all I wanted at that moment was to just be able to hear his voice again.

beth_krkswidow

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »
I can't remember his voice. That hurts so much
"Until my last breath, I loved you more than life itself." ~Kirk, in his envelope to be opened only upon his death.  And now I to you, My Love, until my last breath...

MissingBilly

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »
Today is my six-month mark, so I guess I will officially announce myself.

Been a mess all week.

The "shock wears off, reality sets in tag line" is so true. Even though he had Stage 4 cancer, I was deeply in shock for the first weeks/months. I have felt like curtains get opened every month or so that allow a little more of the deep grief to be unveiled, and I think this week maybe three or four curtains got pulled back at once.

No kids, just me and the cats. Mom died a few years ago. Friends have gone back to their lives. Every day I feel like I have my nose pressed up against a plate glass window, looking at everyone else living the life I don't have anymore.