Author Topic: Crazy ex keyed my car!  (Read 1164 times)

StillWidowed

Re: Crazy ex keyed my car!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 12:40:27 PM »
Hang in there Sugarbell.  Here's also hoping some sugar daddy will whisk her far far away.  And if he does, check and see if he has a brother for me.  Thanks!

Abitlost

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
SB,

What you describe sounds like a lot of drama and dysfunction touching you and your kids, despite trying to keep it at a distance. You have always been good at deciding what level of exposure you will tolerate. As we have come to learn, with kids involved, it's a package deal.

abl

kjs1989

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 12:18:49 PM »
Wow, yep. The pain in the ass bitter ex. New Guy has one, too. He had been divorced for six years when we met, but she was still inserting herself into his life on a daily basis, calling him a rotten dad (he's not, believe me) and throwing barbs at me over my widowed status (really?) on a regular basis. I have never engaged her, and have always been stellar with his kids and completely undemanding of his schedule when it comes to his kids so as not to give her any ammo ever.

Something must have finally clicked that it wasn't working, because literally the last contact she made with him was when she lashed out at him for being a lousy dad once again back in September, and he made a rare counter reply that his 15 year old son wanted to spend the whole summer with him to get away from her. He told her to get off her pedestal once and for all.

OUCH! He has usually taken her verbal abuse and just ignored her so as not to fuel the fire. This rare approach seemed to have worked this time, though, as there has been absolute SILENCE on her end since mid September....AND WE LIKE IT!!

Sugarbell

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 08:45:14 PM »
SB,

What you describe sounds like a lot of drama and dysfunction touching you and your kids, despite trying to keep it at a distance. You have always been good at deciding what level of exposure you will tolerate. As we have come to learn, with kids involved, it's a package deal.

abl

Yup.

Really..I’m at the point when he has his daughter..I would rather just give them time together. It seems though..it’s usually all 4 kids hanging out together..with her Mother calling every hour and his daughter flip flopping.

Hope this isn’t the beginning of the end...really really like him...but putting up some boundaries as far as my kids. And my kids adore him..but when he has his daughter they aren’t real enthused...And I’m on guard.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:43 AM »
{{{hugs}}} Sugarbell. Situations with ex's and kids ... I thought this was tough when I started living with DH. As a widow, it seems I am more sensitive to how what is going on for BF and his children affects me emotionally ...
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b