Author Topic: On the fourth year  (Read 336 times)

Frederick

On the fourth year
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »
I don't think I'm beyond active grieving yet, so I'll post here.

I feel bad that I haven't posted here much in the past year. This site was very helpful for me in early widowed life.

I guess overall I could say the last year has been...okay. I've had to come to terms with my situation and making the most of it.

I'm still living in the suite I moved into last year. I've had a few options to move out but I've decided this is the best place for me at the moment.

After, sigh, almost a year with no employment I've decided to go back to college for a diploma in a field that has better job prospects. I feel like I'm living the life of an 18 year old again; living on my own, going off to college, if only I didn't have 20 extra years of aging and debts to match.

But I guess this year I'm finally seeing a future of sorts for me of my own making. And I'm okay with that. I had a very difficult first two years, a challenging third year, and this year I was able to move forward.

MR

Re: On the fourth year
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
Good luck Frederick

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
Re: On the fourth year
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »
Good luck Frederick.  I found the 4th year for me smoothed out somewhat and I hope that happens for you!
Hugs
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.