Author Topic: All the words I can't say  (Read 1967 times)

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
Re: All the words I can't say
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 09:15:56 PM »
Hugs to you. I wish I knew a solution. All I know is that I'm lonely as hell and I don't understand what I have  (or lack) that makes me basically invisible to other humans. On the bright side, I have two new kittens to cuddle...
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

jgib

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 12:02:13 PM »
I went the puppy route.  They help, A LOT!
Enjoy the kittens and connecting with them. Coming home to my little dogs is the best part of my day now.......

Raymond

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
Good Afternoon, approaching a year here shortly.

Jen, grief is an echo of ourselves.  Unique to each of us.  Incapable of comparison for this reason.  Your love for Jim forever sings in your heart.  So it must be.   Mayhap a new song will come along  . . .  . mayhap not. 

I've written before here that you don't have to die to stop living.  A fog everyone here understands all to well.

My grandmother, who passed at 99, always explained a problem shared is a problem halved. 

Keep sharing Jen . . .  and I hope a melody will arrive.

p.s. a kitten's purring is very melodic  :)

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 04:38:33 AM »
Raymond, thank you for posting this. It feels ever so slightly hopeful, and even though I don't trust hope, I appreciate its presence-- elusive and transient as that may be.

The kittens have grown large enough and bold enough not to want to cuddle much, so my daughter took matters into her own hands last week: I came home to a very friendly, very energetic, very awkward, and very large German Shepherd mix puppy! If nothing else, she doesn't let me sit still long enough to brood...
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

beth_krkswidow

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 10:30:05 AM »
I'm not at 3 years, so I may have nothing to add. 1 year and 3.5 months.

You are widowed so by default you belong here. Sorry. The "new normal" is anything but normal.  There is nothing wrong with you as there is nothing wrong with me despite what all the DGI'S have to say about that. They all have the miracle cure. They have no clue; and I'm sorry, God, but I spend much time hating them.

Nothing I say or anyone else says will ever help. What helps is knowing that, scattered across the globe, there are a few of us unlucky souls who understand - because we're in the same hell. not the same spot in hell. But the same hell.

Warm hugs

Ps. I had read only page 1 and didn't know there were 2 more pages...  A puppy!!!  Wonderful!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:36:49 AM by beth_krkswidow »
"Until my last breath, I loved you more than life itself." ~Kirk, in his envelope to be opened only upon his death.  And now I to you, My Love, until my last breath...