Time Frame > Shock Wears Off, Reality Sets In ( 6 to 12 months)

6 Months and 2 things I remembered today

<< < (2/2)

Mizpah:
In a life/culture of two, the little things are the big things.  We are the holder and carrier of all of those sweet, simple, beautiful shared things now, they are like small glowing jewels in our hearts/souls. 

You know, 6 1/2 years later, there are still little phrases and things we shared that bubble to the surface.  Sometimes I even say them out loud.  It's a long road to integrating the joy and sadness.  I'm thinking of all of you early out.  And as far as "reality sinks in" and whatnot, in a way, you are rebuilding a reality as time goes on, extremely gradually, even though it may not seem it, laying the internal foundational "bricks" in your new life.  The roots aren't out in the world, visible, but inside, and in what you love, what nurtures you, even now, when it doesn't feel like it. 

And I hate to make light of anything grief-related, but hey - don't knock holding it together in public!  I remember one day I realized I hadn't done any public sobbing in a while, and I was like, "Go me!"  (I think, then, it's likely I probably privately sobbed, hahahaha.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version