Socializing > Social Encounters

I'm a prude

<< < (2/5) > >>

Guaruj:

--- Quote from: oneoftwo on September 05, 2017, 12:35:49 AM ---At what point do you start holding hands?

--- End quote ---

Honestly, that's between you and whoever you choose to hold hands with. It's a very innocent form affection, don't you think?

--- Quote ---I was just thinking the other day how much I miss the simple act of walking side by side with someone and reaching out and holding hands.
Such a small, intimate thing. But an actual display that you're a couple- a team. Joined together.

--- End quote ---

I guess that's true in a public setting, where friends, family and neighbors might see you. Is that your concern? How would you feel if it were just the two of you walking alone in the woods?

I don't know where you live. Is it possible for you to go some place new, where nobody else knows either you or your date? I do assume that you're well adulthood, I think you shouldn't feel self-conscious about holding hands with someone you're fond of - even if you two are not yet a couple.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

oneoftwo:
sigh, my posts seem misunderstood,
thanks for answering
to make it clear- I am not seeing anyone, I have no one in mind and I do not plan on seeing any one.
And I wasnt looking for advice.
I just was thinking about how much I miss certain things, and that holding hands is one thing that I've recently realized I really miss. Hence being a prude- as if holding hands is some racey thing!
We used to hold hands all the time- I really enjoyed it as a display of affection, as a way to say "we're together", as a way to let our guard down and just be a unit.

I was just wondering at what point people might get to that stage in a new relationship.
But never mind, I'll just keep pondering that on my own, in the hopes I may need the answer one day.

klim:
IT's true I think of handholding as very casual but i do have to get a certain point of familiarity with a date before I handhold. I don't know where that line is but with one date I know it was not the right time, he held my hand ( maybe 2-3 dates in) and he was just awkward or  I was , anyways it was just wrong.  On the otherhand I've slipped into holding hands very early with others.....

klim:
Oh don't ponder  on your own, it's much better to ponder with us  :)

Guaruj:

--- Quote from: oneoftwo on September 05, 2017, 07:56:22 PM ---sigh, my posts seem misunderstood,
thanks for answering
to make it clear- I am not seeing anyone, I have no one in mind and I do not plan on seeing any one.
And I wasnt looking for advice.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I guess I did misunderstand what you said. Going back to this question...

--- Quote ---At what point do you start holding hands?

--- End quote ---

I could imagine that happening at any point while you're dating. I wouldn't expect it when meeting someone for very first time, but after that, why not? As I said already, that's really between the two people in question. I also see it as something that, frankly, either person could initiate.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version