Specific Situations > Young Widow/ers with No Children

Moving to a new place

<< < (2/2)

MR:
Congrats KK..
I am not selling my house as both wanted to live in it (it is our 3rd house but her favorite) till my daughter goes to Uni. Now 3 more years before I can think as I don't want to break the promise. It is big for us and now I even have basement ready (started basement when she was here with me) and finally got projector and speakers setup so hopefully can spend some time there thinking about her.

Hugs

Jennica:
Congrats! I am still in our house. It has been a little over a year. I find comfort in being here. I think the move would freak me out more because it would be a new  beginning and my surroundings would be  new so that would make everything scary.. especially being alone there.
I too at times get freaked out about it just being me and the kids. I don't leave my windows open either at night time. I always make sure doors are locked. I am still telling myself one day I will buy that rifle. I would have no idea how to use it but I keep telling myself I'm gonna buy one.

KrypticKat:
Day two in the new place. I just had a complete meltdown sitting on the stair. As I was trying to empty a box in the kitchen a container of Panko bread crumbs opened up and completely coated one of my bed sheets I was using to protect some other belongings. I've had a long day and I was tired so I shook the sheet out and took it down to the washing machine. I tested the washing machine just like you're supposed to do when you get your first place and it worked on the first day. But then upon closer inspection today I noticed this black gunk in the front of the machine. A quick Google told me it's something called scrum. Weird I've never had to use this word before. How could I miss something like this? I asked myself. My husband would have caught little details like this. My husband would have told me this house wasn't worth buyingperiod is the gardens needed extra love. Because it's too old and needed some repairs. Because the other owner had obviously done some DIY stuff and hadn't done a good job. I feel over my head in a bit like I'm drowning today. There's so much to do. Maybe I should have stayed in our apartment.

Bunny:
No, it's good. It will be okay. Home-ownership can be super overwhelming, but as time goes on you will get your sea legs and it will be fine and you will make this house your home. (As for your washer- do you have any tea tree oil? I've used it in the past on mold issues...)

Julester3:
Everything will be okay. You are going to put your stamp into this home and make it yours. Moving generally is overwhelming and all homes have hidden issues. It comes with the territory. You Google things, you research, and you'll find your own way. Hugs!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version