Socializing > Relationships/Remarriage

big step

(1/2) > >>

Mizpah:
Nothing final yet, but NG and I are buying a house (and land) together!  An amazing opportunity came our way and we're going to take it.  I moved 5 months after DH died - by necessity, because I couldn't afford our apartment on my own.  Then I moved hundreds of miles to be with NG (not so new anymore).  Both of them felt like things that happened to me.  (And in a way this does too - it just happened, and we took it.)  It feels huge to me.  In my life individually (I've never owned anything really), and for us together.  A project/mission/joint endeavor.  I'm excited.  And really scared.  Things happening to me have brought me suffering, and I'm afraid.  But this is GOOD thing happening to me.  I think trauma has conditioned me to fear change and things that didn't come about from my own control.  I'm trying to allow myself to be excited.  I really am.  I'm afraid to be.  But I am. 

BrokenHeart2:
Wow M congratulations!!! How exciting for you and your family! Kind of like new beginnings for all of you!  I get that fear of change for sure!! I know you're not going to let that stop you!! When do you get your new place?  I hope to be saying this soon too!!
Happy Hugs!

Mizpah:
Thanks!  Not sure yet as to timeline, as there are many moving pieces on all sides.  I'm hoping for a long, drawn-out process so I can adjust more gradually! 

Wheelerswife:
Good for you, Mizpah!

I certainly can relate to this:

"Things happening to me have brought me suffering, and I'm afraid.  But this is GOOD thing happening to me.  I think trauma has conditioned me to fear change and things that didn't come about from my own control."

I know that you have persevered through circumstances that did not fit your concept of how you wanted your life to be. You and I and a lot of others here have learned that we really don't have control of a lot of things in this life.  Kudos to you for being brave, tackling your fear, and living your life.  Control what we can, eh?

Maureen

Bunny:
I'm so happy for you! And because I know you (are like me and) think about stuff way too much, I am wondering if this major joint purchase will be able to finally quiet down that voice in your head that is cranky he doesn't want to get married to you. I mean, you can't get much more committed than this...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version