Author Topic: Why am I so nervous?  (Read 158 times)

Kaycee

Why am I so nervous?
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:41:55 PM »
Well, since my last entry things have been hard. I have had a lot of days where I just lay in bed and cry but yesterday and today were a little bit better. I have had a million different emotions about the way things ended with the guy that hurt me so much and I'm not really interested in jumping into anything else right now. However today a male friend of mine who I talk to from time to time ask me if I thought about dating. I didn't tell him about the mess I had just been through. I just said I had thought about it and I had been hurt a lot so I was scared. He mentioned that he had dated a few girls and told me a few funny stories. So then he said since we were friends that he would be glad to take me out sometime and there would be no strings attached. I accepted and now I'm scared to death. I haven't been on a real date in years. The last guy I was with was a bum and I had to pay for everything. I don't think things will go anywhere with this guy but who knows.  It may sound crazy but after my last relationship I don't know how to handle someone being nice to me. I'm more guarded now so I kind of know what to look out for. Has anyone else had feelings like this? What was it like dating again for everyone else?

jgib

Re: Why am I so nervous?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 12:20:48 AM »
Just go with it.  Don’t think about it going anywhere, just think about it as practise.
I have a high school friend that had a crush back then contact me.  He has a much younger girlfriend so I made it very clear that he is totally off limits but we keep in contact.  He texts me and we are friendly and when he pushes the line I pull him up.  He knows we are friends and nothing more.  I am not like that.  We have gone for lunch a couple of times, I have told him I need practice.......  It is a nice, safe way to work back into it.
Be honest and upfront and then no one gets hurt and enjoy the comfortable, social interaction.