Socializing > Social Encounters

I know I'm going to be judged for this

(1/5) > >>

Kaycee:
Well to begin with I already know I made a horrible mistake. I was approached by my husband's best friend after my husband died and he has a girlfriend. It started out with him telling me that he would always be there for me. Everyone in my life pretty much abandoned me. He even told me that his girlfriend didn't want him helping me with anything, She had told me before all of this happened that there was nothing going on between them and that she just lived with him because she didn't have the money to rent another place and he told me the same thing. as time went on we got closer. He told me that he was in love with me and that he wanted us to have a future. And like an idiot I believed him. Things got more stressful as time went on, I saw where she put up a post about them being together for the next 50 years. So I ask him if there was nothing going on then why was she saying that. He told me she just put on a show in front of people. So I told him that he should tell her if he didn't feel the same. We got in a argument and I told him it wasn't fair to either of us and she needed to know the truth. So he argued with me and I told him I had enough and if he didn't tell her the truth I would. So he told her and then told me that we had nothing else to say to each other. He made me feel like he was the only person in the world that cared for me. He told me he would never leave me like everyone else did and then turned around and did that very thing. I know that it was wrong. I know that she must feel awful if he was telling her the same thing. I hate myself for it. I don't understand how you can tell someone that you love them and then just turn your back. I don't know exactly what he said to her. He wouldn't tell me all of it. I just know that I feel hurt and used. I feel like that he took advantage of me when he knew I was hurting and alone. I honestly don't want to live anymore.

faye:
Humans are complicated beings.
 We don't always do the right things.
I'm so sorry this happened to you, and so sorry you're hurt. 

Mrskro:

--- Quote --- I just know that I feel hurt and used. I feel like that he took advantage of me when he knew I was hurting and alone.
--- End quote ---

I am so sorry you are going through this. 

In my opinion he did take advantage of you, so many people leave us during our grieving and I can completely understand why you would stay close to him.

Julester3:
I too think he took advantage of you. You are already emotionally vulnerable after grief and we yearn for that loving wanted feeling at least I know I do. You did a good thing for yourself by confronting him. A relationship with no clear honesty is not a good base. Hugs for the day.

Bunny:
Happiness after such intense grief is a most powerful and addicting drug and can cause one to make less than rational decisions. Please cut yourself some slack and forgive yourself for whatever it is you're feeling guilty about. I'm so sorry you were betrayed like this. Obviously I dont have all the facts but it seems to me like they have always been together and are still together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version