Time Frame > Newly Widowed (1 day to 6 months)

A Not So New Topic

<< < (2/2)

JeanGenie:
Rob,
I'm sorry you're part of this club that no one wants to belong to, but I'm glad you found us and took the time to share your feelings. We, unfortunately, get it. As others have said, you are still early in your grief journey. Take each day and feeling as it comes. My suggestion...don't make any sudden changes at this time. Although your home is unsettling at times and constant reminders of Dawn and your life "before", it is your home base and where you returned when your trip to Portland became overwhelming. For each of us, it is different, and there is no right or wrong.  For now, simply take each day as it comes, acknowledge your feelings, and come here to share.  We're here and happy to listen and provide virtual support.

IAYoungWidow:
Rob, I can relate to so much of what you have said.  I too, have had moments when I just couldn't be in the house that my husband and I made a life together for 14 years, so I took several little trips with my daughter, who was here with me for this first (very hard) month.  She is gone now and while there is a part of me that wants to start to get rid of his things and make some changes, a part of me feels guilty for wanting to do so. 

I do not sleep well either; unless I take the Trazadone that is prescribed for me, and even then sometimes it is 1:00 am and I am still awake.  In those moments when I fall asleep at a decent hour, I am up at 4:00 am.  There isn't a day that goes by when I do not shed tears at some point in the day. 

I have been told that all of this is normal and that things will get better.  The people on this forum seem to have the wisdom that I don't right now.  Listen and heed some of their words. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version