Author Topic: Quote  (Read 7596 times)

Amor

• Amor Para Siempre
Re: Quote
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »
“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.”

― Washington Irving

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »
Yup.
It is a fearful thing to love what Death can touch.

jgib

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 11:23:13 PM »
"I used to believe in forever, but forever's too good to be true”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »
Nick Cave sits in a Sydney hotel room, his chair facing the floor-to-ceiling windows, the city bathed in summer sun beyond and below. “Look,” he continues, patiently choosing his words, “not to just keep going on about this, but the whole grief thing, there's nothing good about it whatsoever. People will tell you other things, but it's like a fucking disease. A contagion that not only affects you but everybody around you. And it's cunning. And you can feel good and you can be getting on with things, and then it just comes up and sort of punches you in the back of the head and you're down and you're out for the count for a while. I don't just mean psychologically, I mean physically too. Grief and illness and tiredness feed off each other in a kind of feeding frenzy.'

- from an interview in GQ magazine

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 10:25:04 AM »
 Advice for a young man, but also works for a widow:

'So, sweetie, I don't know if we ever figure our lives out, and the people who help you, they might not be who you thought or wanted. They might just be the people who show up.'

Dorothea from 20th Century Women