Time Frame > Beyond Active Grieving

I finally did it.

(1/2) > >>

Toosoon2.0:
I finally did it.  I quit my job.  I'm walking away from tenure, security and a life I have been living since I was 22 (am now 45) when I decided being a professor was what I wanted.  Everything I did was to get me to into the job I've had for the last 15 years.  Its done now though.  I can't believe it took me this long in some ways and I can't believe I had it in me to walk away (no one ever walks away from a job like mine) but I did at six am this morning after a confluence of episodes and sleepless nights that pushed me over the edge.  Maybe I should have done it a long time ago, I don't know, but its done now.  HOLY SHIT, I QUIT MY JOB.  You all will probably be hearing more about this in coming days but right now I am just in a state of shock that I actually had the courage to do it. 

CJF:
Congratulations!!  I am sure it wasn't easy but from reading your posts, it sounds like it was the right decision for you!!  I admire you for being strong enough to do it!!!

jgib:
Congratulations, good job, well done!  From what you have said it is truly the right move. 
The future is ahead, eyes forward, let the adventures begin.....

Trying:
Congratulations!  I know this has been weighing on you a long time, I wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

Captains wife:
Congrats! Sometimes big changes - although scary at first- are the best changes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version