Time Frame > Beyond Active Grieving

10 years, the healing continues. Christian perspective.

<< < (2/2)

cathead:
C.S. Lewis wrote a book about losing his wife called, "Surprised by Joy". I had just finished it and it was on my bedside table the day my husband died. Having just finished that book helped me so much in the early stages of grief. Subsequently I always thought of it as a "God thing".

A couple months after his death I heard about a Rick Warren sermon where he said that life was like two railroad tracks with one track signifying all the bad things that we regret or have suffered, and the other track being all the good things we love and enjoy. The tracks run parallel and simultaneous so we can't have one without the other. He said how we experience our life depends on which track we decide to focus our attention. That thought has stayed with me too.

It's been said many times before that every successful marriage ends in death. Even so, I would marry him again tomorrow and do it all over again if I could.

rifatheroffour:

--- Quote from: cathead on December 31, 2017, 11:11:08 AM ---It's been said many times before that every successful marriage ends in death.

--- End quote ---

I hate this and love it all at the same time...a sad but beautiful truth that I am paradoxically thankful to have experienced.

ladybug:
I wish I could have a do over.   I would love to marry my sweetie again.

Even though I know now how it would end, I would still marry him. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version