Socializing > Relationships/Remarriage

New Relationships....Post a Pic

<< < (2/20) > >>

klim:
So far so good we'll see :)

going on to the second year of dating......although the first year was interrupted by a 3 month hiatus.
Oh well good at the moment.

MrsT85:
The picture quality could not be worse, but here's me and my NG.  We don't have many pictures together.

We'll presumably have a few more after summer 2016, when I give this "being married" thing another shot :)

nonesuch:
Here's a picture of Flavor of the Month and I at a wedding.  The little chalkboard says, "Flavor and me" because my sarcasm irked the groom.

Let me explain.  We met in January 2013 and started dating regularly. There wasn't a lot of discussion about where we were in the relationship. We got on well and weren't seeing anyone else.   Flavor was a stalwart friend, texting each day and phoning each night while my mother spent two and a half weeks dying in the ICU only eight weeks after we met.  He drove to my house and fed my cats during this time when I was between pet-sitters, and he doesn't much like cats. He was there for me when I got home the night she died.  He introduced me to his friends and family.  The one thing he didn't do was introduce me as his girlfriend.  it was always, "This is um, Nonesuch."

This bothered me, but really not much, because when he was with me things were great.  When he wasn't with me he was calling and texting and asking when we'd see one another again.  The "Flavor of the Month" was a joke he understood and got.  it was something my colleagues understood.  When groom came to have his suit fitted for the wedding, he asked if I was coming to the rehearsal dinner. I was, I said, but Flavor of the Month has to work.  Groom, who was working on his graduate degree, (and thus knew everything) sighed and said, "Really, Nonesuch, sarcasm is just veiled hostility."

I recounted this conversation to Flavor that evening. He laughed heartily, and between laughs said, "Your friend fancies himself a psychologist!" In fact, Groom does work in the mental health arena.

IfIonlycould:
nonesuch--that's fantastic!  still LOVE that you call him Flavor!

lcoxwell:
This picture with New Guy was taken two months ago, on a brief, weekend getaway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version