Author Topic: cuddle party  (Read 1412 times)

Max2507

cuddle party
« on: May 14, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »
I saw an article about cuddleparty.com Its basically that a cuddle party, I guess I am so starved of physical attention it sounded great but none in my area, bummer.

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
Re: cuddle party
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
I think I recall there being a post on ywbb about the existence of professional cuddlers. You call the company, order up a cuddler for an a prearranged amount of time, and the company would dispatch the cuddler to your home, I think is how it went.

Things that make ya go hmm hmm hmm...Lol!

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

SunshineFL

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 03:16:21 PM »
In my podcast feed, I just listened to Modern Love: The Podcast, Episode 95 from last week, entitled:
"In the New Year, More Cuddling.

I remembered this thread that @Max2507 had started, so thought I would bump it up and share the link here.  I imagine it will resonate with many at any stage of their widowed journey:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/style/modern-love-podcast-margarita-levieva.html

Touch is one of our core needs, one of our most healing needs, as human beings and is often not nurtured as we navigate our new widowed lives. It is one of the things we miss/we crave that others, even with the best intentions, don't "get."  Getting a massage, a manicure/pedicure, trading with a friend, etc. are also ways we can care for ourselves with human touch from another. 

Feel free to share your experience and other ways you have discovered that have been healing and helpful for you. If someone reading this has thought/felt this themselves and now feels less alone, then I hope bumping this thread up was helpful.

Warm wishes, friends.

serpico

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
Wow, it's weird to see Baylee's name on a thread. Haven't seen her on here for ever.
'I think I got some of your pickle'

amandalgh

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 05:50:56 PM »
This is a safe place and anonymous enough. I have connected with a widower (his loss was several years ago) by accident, we did not mean to 'connect'. He reached out immediately after the loss and we havent stopped talking.

It is difficult to think about becuase a part of me feels I am moving too fast, but emotionally I am not vested in anything. We have hung out and the companionship is nice. Its nice having company and having someone to talk to.