Author Topic: agh what am I doing?!  (Read 9827 times)

MrsDan

  • Member
  • Posts: 470
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »
Well, I've essentially accepted the position. I'm still unsure, but it almost feels like it's gotten away from me. Like it's happening without me really doing anything to stop it. Maybe because I'm really terrified, yet I know too many factors make it a situation I can't pass upon. Like my mind is sort of trying to separate itself from any agency it has in the matter. I don't know if that makes any sense.
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.

Trying

  • Member
  • Posts: 1635
  • aka MissingmyTim
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
Change is scary but it sounds like you are doing this for all of the right reasons.  The logical self and the emotional self don't always agree right away, it takes courage to listen to your logical side!  I hope to gain some inspiration from you when my time comes to make some changes.
You will forever be my always.

canadiangirl

  • Member
  • Posts: 438
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »
Belatedly chiming in to wish you congratulations on the new job!  If it makes you feel better, I basically "fell into" my grad degree, my career and my husband's arms.  I liked Trying's explanation  - maybe the feeling of a lack of agency is due to the fact that it was meant to be and your brain, of which I have heard we all use only 20%, is directing you with the other 80% because it has done a thorough cost-benefit and knows some additional stuff your conscious mind does not... Nerdy response.  Best of luck.  :)

TooSoon

  • Guest
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 10:38:48 PM »
I am simply going to "like" the two posts above.  I hope you will give yourself a chance to celebrate this accomplishment.  If there is a lack of agency in some sense, it is also your agency and determination that got you to this point.  That takes big courage and tremendous fortitude.  For what it is worth, as ever, you have my endless respect and support. 

A Tout Jamais

  • Member
  • Posts: 175
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »



"Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and acting anyway."

~~ Robert Anthony


MrsDan,

The unknown always holds a certain element of doubt and apprehension. But the Road of Life itself is unknown and only reveals itself as it is traveled, as some philosopher once said.

Today you made a decision that required courage and resolve. Another big hurdle has been jumped, even as done with trepidation in your heart. But that's what makes us grow as an individual and instills increasing confidence for the next steps ahead of us. And there will always be new steps, but our stride becomes more steady and confident along the way.

Bit by bit the pieces will fall into place, even as you can't see it quite come together yet. Someone said that "Stairs are climbed one step at a time. Take the first, even if you can't see the top yet."  - Well, you did it!

Congratulations on seizing the moment and not letting the opportunity escape!

My very best wishes to you and your daughter as you embark on this new adventure together!

Standing with you in solidarity!

ATJ
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:48:08 PM by A Tout Jamais »
"Tu n'es plus là où tu étais, mais tu es partout là où je suis."
~~ Victor Hugo

"Je me souviens de toi ... Je me souviens de nous  - Il était une fois -  Je me souviens de tout!"

Alexswife

  • Member
  • Posts: 75
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 04:27:22 PM »
Makes perfect sense. I'm so glad that this is working out for you. Change is scary but you can do it and we'll all be here for you when you need someone to talk to!
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. - Hebrews 4:7-8
Alex 1/31/91-7/19/12

Max2507

  • Member
  • Posts: 143
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »
Congratulations!

Shawn823

  • Member
  • Posts: 31
  • Widowed 12/11/12
Re: agh what am I doing?!
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »
Like my mind is sort of trying to separate itself from any agency it has in the matter. I don't know if that makes any sense.
This makes such total sense to me. In fact, it is comforting to see that someone has been able to so accurately describe what I am feeling. I too have set the wheels in motion to make a huge change in my career, and, although I know in my heart and soul that it is the right decision for so many reasons, my mind is definitely in the mode of "separating itself from any agency it has in the matter".