Author Topic: 6 yrs. and going  (Read 190 times)

6 yrs. and going
« on: January 21, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
I had my sadiversary yesterday, 6 yrs.  I didn't know what to do exactly. I began writing as my own therapy with notes on FB early on to let others in on my true thoughts of widowhood and always received supportive feedback.  Well, I chose to write a memorial as I didn't at the funeral.  I was in shock with death by an accident, and 3 days later having a funeral.  It was strange, and I don't remember a lot about it, honestly.  So, I wrote a memorial. Of course it isn't what I would have said 6 years ago, but something. I am healing, and I was able to share joyful memories and tell of who my dear husband was to me.  I had teachers from HS respond as we went to the same school, friends and folks from every decade of our lives together.  I feel good about it.  I do feel JOY, less sorrow. 

I have been dating NG just short of 2 years. I gave him a heads up.  He even liked my note.  I told him I appreciated his grace and class in managing all of it.  My late husband was a likable guy, friendly, loyal, funny, a youth minister volunteer, Marine, coach, etc.,  and many shared their thoughts of that. He loved me and shared with others that and many wrote about his vocalizations of devotion to me and our son.  Couldn't be easy for him to read all the things people wrote. 

So, another monumental day has passed.  My son and I drove to the town to lay flowers but the snow was still covering the ground. The Christmas wreaths were still on it from the laying of the wreaths as he was  placed in a Veterans Cemetery.  It was quite pretty, actually.  I sent his mother yellow roses, her favorite as a way to let her know I care about her and the day, too. 

I feel very fortunate to have had a wonderful love story.  Moving forward is happening, but I have a lot to be thankful for and am this year.  :)

Re: 6 yrs. and going
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »
Hugs tybec!