Author Topic: How do you keep your person as a part of your daily life?  (Read 206 times)

Wife of Tomasz

How do you keep your person as a part of your daily life?
« on: January 29, 2018, 10:43:27 AM »
I wanted to start a new topic. Hoping that others will share ideas and what they have done to keep little parts of their person in their daily live's.
I do not have many recordings of Tom's voice, but I do have one where he laughs. He had a big laugh that would fill the room, not even sure how to describe it, no one laughs like he did, it was as unique as his finger print. I clipped the audio recording and set it as my ring tone on my phone, now I get to hear him laugh everyday.
Pls share your own stories.  :)

Captains wife

Re: How do you keep your person as a part of your daily life?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
Since my son doesn't remember his Dad (he died when my son was 9 months old), I want to keep his memory alive. So we have 2 of my fav pics of him and our son (and all of us as a family) in my son's bedroom. (My late husband had a smile that would fill a room!)  I show my son pics and videos regularly and I also will say "oh your Dad and I used to take you there as a baby...or this song was one of your Dad's favorites...or this was your Dad's favorite food". I have also been working on a memory book (that to help from my friends) of stuff about his Dad plus we have a "Treasure chest" of his Dad's stuff that we saved that we want him to have as he is growing up. ie a watch, a model ship etc.

jeudi

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:46:51 AM »
My LH John died 15 years ago and I'm remarried. I  talk about John frequently- if not daily, on the usual. Snippets of remembrance. It doesn't seem to bother my new husband (who is a widower- he doesn't talk about his late wife as much as I talk about John which has never stopped me one iota).

I still have John's laughter in my head. I still miss him. How could I not? He was a force to be reckoned with and we shared 27 years together. I have his photo in my wallet and carry his Social Security card and drivers license.

Nobody on earth would be able to convince me that this is a strange thing to do.

I have a lovely, enviable, full and happy life. And I will always be John's widow.

Judy

MR

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:55:16 AM »
I have made my LW and kids pic as lock screen on phone and her solo pic as background screen. This way i get to see her everytime I touch phone which happens like 1000 times a day.