Author Topic: "This is Us"  (Read 1361 times)

rooshy

• Widowed January 3, 2011
Re: "This is Us"
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »
I hear you.  I have never watched the show but my coworkers were all over it.  I admit I saw a little bit of the funeral scene and turned it off.  Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.
Our end is where I begin

Peony

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 04:26:31 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:34:10 PM by Peony09 »

TheWidowWhisperer

• The Widow Whisperer
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 04:42:37 PM »
i'm so sorry. There are many shows, movies and plays that evoke those feelings in me. I somewhat enjoyed This Is Us before this episode. I like how clever it is when they flash forward and back. But their depiction of human beings feels like fiction to me. I could not relate at all as to how the character responded to her husband dying. I also couldn't understand how the Super Bowl resonated so much with the kids when none of them were home that day to watch with their dad. My TV criticism aside, triggers are so unpredictable, so I was a bit surprised that I was dry-eyed during this episode. You just never know what's going to resonate or what will excavate grief. I got sidelined a few weeks ago and wrote something about it if you're interested...https://thewidowwhisperer.com/2018/02/08/trigger-alert/

I wish you peace and comfort
Hoping my experiences can help
https://thewidowwhisperer.com

Abitlost

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »
I love this show. Call me crazy but when I watch it I feel like yes! someone gets it! I really like how they weave loss and adversity into life decades later, showing how it manifests itself and how they all deal with it.

A promo I saw said something like "just two episodes left...." Is the series ending? Or just the season?

tybec

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »
Tonight's episode.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

<3<3<3

Euf

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 06:24:28 PM »
A promo I saw said something like "just two episodes left...." Is the series ending? Or just the season?

It is just the end of the season.

As a widow whose husband died 11 years ago, I assume I watch it from a different perspective than someone whose husband/wife died recently. I think if I was watching it 11 years ago, I'd be sobbing my way through it.

Now I am just appreciating the way the show is unfolding.  I will admit that I sometimes cry a bit.  But I also laugh a bit and I appreciate a show that has a widow that seems real to me.

I watch a very little bit of television.  Don't even have cable, just an antenna. But this is one show I make a point of watching.