Author Topic: The Old divorce comparison  (Read 764 times)

Re: The Old divorce comparison
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 07:43:24 AM »
I inadvertently hit the report to moderator button!

How to undo?
"Until my last breath, I loved you more than life itself." ~Kirk, in his envelope to be opened only upon his death.  And now I to you, My Love, until my last breath...

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 01:11:47 PM »
This reminded me of something someone posted long ago.  I wrote it down because I thought it was really good.  I wish I knew who posted it because I would love to give them credit, but unfortunately I don't.

"The death of a human being is a distinction worthy to stand alone and is not comparable to divorce.

A compassionate person knows the difference, and does not compete.  But tries to understand.

I pray our society truly has not regressed so far that the major difference between the two cannot readily be identified!"

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »
We always get those kinds of comments. We were sitting in a group and someone said I wish he was dead at least i will get the closure and not have to fight with him every time. I am liking seriously I would give everything to have one more fight with my DW. She just said sorry and we dropped the topic.

Think is separated, divorced , break up is so common to find in all age groups where as our case is kind of unique. I do understand they have to go thru some of the stuff which we don't but why compare.

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 11:20:28 PM »
I just saw this Beth, don't sweat it!
   Yes, the comparisons still leave me speechless. If I start down the road of rebuttal I'm afraid I won't stop, and that would just be ugly. Most of my friends are gone, the rest are aloof. I don't blame them. My two brothers (who have their own struggles in their own right) stick by me from a distance, were all like some kind of strange and faithful landmarks to one another. With everyone else in my closer family....I hold peace. It beats explosion. I'm so glad you all and this board are here to help us ease the pressure a little at a time rather than all at once. Thank you all for these words.
Here's to my pretty young wife     sleepin amongst the stars           now they say what's hers is mine but I know what's ours is ours