Author Topic: Question  (Read 10423 times)

AC

Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »
Oops
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:21:41 PM by AC »

AC

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 08:23:50 PM »
I just got littlebirdie. I would pretend it was to make her laugh and pee her pants a bit, but in reality - fat fingers, small iphone, bad eyes.

But I will challenge you to a duel. All in on that!  Meet me at high noon on the main path.

Ugh. This posting via cell is for the birds.

OSAAT

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 08:32:56 PM »
I read your first response, AC, and was sooo confused. I thought something was wrobg with me. HA!

lovedroses

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 08:44:41 PM »
LOL on the "smite"-ing thing!!  This is a standing joke in my family.  A month or so after DH passed, a storm messed up some of the trees in front and I had to have the tree trimmer guys in.  Of course, they showed up while I was at work and asked my 16 y.o. DD#2 to move DH's ginormous truck out of the driveway and harm's way as the trimmin' commenced.

She called me in a panic to tell me she had to move the truck, and when I asked if she managed it she said "Yes, but I was scared to pieces that I'd wreck it and Dad would come down and smite me!!"  (What pop song she heard 'smite' in I'll never know.)

So anytime any of them do something shaky, the standard warning is "Dad's gonna smite you if you don't cut it out!"

So, smite away! :)
Every day was a gift.

marian1953

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:21 PM »
oh my god, I just kept hitting both of those I think when replying to posts- I swear I did not mean to smite you. Others in my life, yes. But not here!
Marian

AaronP

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »
If you smite someone does that mean you're smitten with them?

:P

AC

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 09:56:48 PM »

Like pulling pigtails?

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »

Like pulling pigtails?
But it's like a secret admirer...  You don't know who smites you.  I hate secrets  >:(

lovedroses

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »
Well, 4 posts in and I done been smite-ed.  A new record --- goooo meeee!!!  Anybody up for a food fight??  :P
Every day was a gift.

AaronP

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 10:31:51 PM »
But it's like a secret admirer...  You don't know who smites you.  I hate secrets  >:(

A secret smiter!

AC

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 10:47:06 PM »
OK, another question. In the introduction it says something about using reactions to show how we feel about a post and that there will be a best of section. But the kudos actually apply to the poster and not the specific post. So how do we show our reaction to a post? 

Not important, but I am curious if anyone happens to know.

lcoxwell

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 11:57:48 PM »
I have to say, the whole smite conversation had me smiling, which is something I desperate needed today, so thank you all for the bit of humor.

I also have to say, I now have the mental image of a very proper 50ish year old man, dressed in a black tux, and carrying a set of black leather gloves, walking up to strangers, slapping them on both cheeks with the gloves, and saying, "I smite you with my gloves!" I have no idea why I have that image in my head, but I do.  ;D
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Gabzmom

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »
OMGosh!  I thought it said smile.  I was assuming it was two levels of "like" or "thumbs up!"  OMG - I hope I didn't smite anyone!  If I did, I meant to smile at you!
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

Tweety76

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 07:17:48 AM »
I'm not sure we are going to keep that feature. I'm don't know that it serves any useful purpose and someone that is smited may have their feelings hurt.

My first thought after seeing the smite option was to contact you guys and ask for its removal. This thread about smiting people is hilarious, I give you guys for it but in the long run I can see the smite option being a hurtful tool especially when conversations heat up. I don't think we wids need to smite each other as life has smite us big time already. The applaud feature is very nice especially since there is no real like button. As nice as it is, that too can turn out to be an exclusive feature in the long run.

How did I ever get this politically correct...I'm supposed to be open minded... Please don't smite, please!!!!!!!!!

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 07:59:12 AM »
In the words of the honorable Bruce Almighty, "Smite me Almighty Smittteeeeerrrrr"   :P
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter