Author Topic: Question  (Read 10613 times)

littlebirdie

Re: Question
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »
You all are so funny! I'm glad this thread stayed lighthearted. Might be a good idea to disable the smiting to save hurt feelings, but this was still fun.

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »
One thing I did like about the old new board was the like feature.  It allowed you to acknowledge someones post without having to reply with "yea, me too, I get it"  This karma/smite thing is general to the poster, not the post.  Also, it seems you can't tag people in the posts anymore.  Is there anything we can do about these two things?

AC

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
OK the first smite had me rolling on the ground laughing. However this second smite has me crying and questioning everything. Just kidding.

I tend to agree with mangomom. Being able to like a particular post once and only once (anonymously or not) seems useful to me. Possibly being able to like or dislike a particular post once and only once also, not sure. The current system seems to me to be prone to misuse, misunderstanding and hurt feelings. For example, I applauded several posts thinking I was applauding what was said. Turns out I was applauding the person and, quite frankly, I don't like any of you that well. ITS A JOKE!  But I really didn't mean to get involved with an applauding a person system. It's just not my bag. Nothing wrong with it, I guess, but not for me.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:50:05 AM by AC »

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 08:49:35 AM »
So.. it is a popularity contest? awesome..
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 08:54:28 AM »
So.. it is a popularity contest? awesome..
  I don't see it that way at all.  Believe me, there were times on the old board that I questioned whether anyone even read my posts.  An acknowledge feature would be nice to have to just say, "I hear you." without having to type out a whole response when some days I don't have the words.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 09:01:13 AM »
Karma has been disabled. I agree with importing a like feature again. To me liking gives you the option to say "Hey, I hear you, I acknowledge you, but don't have anything specifically to add". Adding the feature requires a plug in/mod, so we are seeing how stable it is before seeing if it makes sense for us.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 09:07:29 AM »
Like!

Stargazer74

• Jamie, 35, Dec 2, 2014, Unknown Cause
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 09:36:04 AM »
Like! As well!  You guys have me rolling this morning, but I agree with everything that has been said, which I could have avoided typing all this with a well positioned "Like" button.   :o
?Knock and it shall be opened.' But does knocking mean hammering and kicking the door like a maniac??
C.S. Lewis

?Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything.?
C.S. Lewis

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »
Great move imo
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

Tweety76

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »
LIKE!!!!!

lovedroses

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »
Like!

Now going back to letting DH do the smite-ing (potential or whatever...)
Every day was a gift.

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »
I liked the "like" feature, as well. Positive reinforcement is a good thing!

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

jeff1973

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
Hey AC, I agree with you, how bout that, kind a scary.

I'm not real big on the applaud system either.

Couldn't we applaud each other

and feel good??Yeah ;)

Jeff1973

downinahole

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
Karma has been disabled.

Rats. I was hoping to show my displeasure by smiting everyone.

Now I will have to wait until Festivus until I create the thread entitled "Airing of Grievances"

Just Joking.  ;D

canadiangirl

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:25 PM »
Karma has been disabled. I agree with importing a like feature again. To me liking gives you the option to say "Hey, I hear you, I acknowledge you, but don't have anything specifically to add". Adding the feature requires a plug in/mod, so we are seeing how stable it is before seeing if it makes sense for us.

Like!  Also LIKE bringing back the tag feature if possible.  Great thinking!