Author Topic: The Widda Bistro and Bar & Grill is open for business!!  (Read 18897 times)

TooSoon

Re: The Widda Bistro is open for business!!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »
Scott collected fezzes (think Shriners), some of which are fabulously festooned with sequins.  Talk about a niche hobby. 

I will plan to bring those in case anyone is so moved and all of my grading - everyone in the Bistro has to grade at least one test or "essay"!  Drinking while grading is, of course, highly encouraged. 

mokie

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 09:09:43 PM »
Scott collected fezzes (think Shriners), some of which are fabulously festooned with sequins.  Talk about a niche hobby. 

I will plan to bring those in case anyone is so moved and all of my grading - everyone in the Bistro has to grade at least one test or "essay"!  Drinking while grading is, of course, highly encouraged.

Oh, I'm an old pro at grading.  Having given up my red pen (actually, I preferred green... didn't seem so harsh) a few years ago, I may be a little out of practice, but with another glass of wine, and a sequined Shriners cap, I can probably jump right back on that horse.
When you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance!

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »
Make me a mojito and I will gladly grade a few essays for you!  I've got fresh mint and a red pen so I am ready to go.
You will forever be my always.

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 09:26:41 PM »
Is that an open mike in the corner?  My other musical outlet has dried up kind of a lot at the moment.

For a drink, I could go for a good tequila sunrise - I regret I bought the cheap orange liqueur last time.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

mokie

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:33 PM »
Ooh, a Mojito I can do... AND a tequila sunrise, with the good stuff.  Then I'm going to have to turn in my green pen and start again tomorrow.  I'm fading fast.  It was hard work getting the Bistro to look acceptable again.  Just don't look under that stack of blankets in the corner.

Someone take over the drink slinging for me till tomorrow.

Oh, can I keep my sequined Shriner hat?  I've become attached to it. ;D

And yes Rob, you can entertain the rest of the wids here at the mike.  Sing away!  Do you take requests?

Later gators!!  Last one out, turn out the lights.

marian1953

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »
Well. I am strictly ball-room?but a few umbrella drinks might switch it up!

kmouse

• Widowed and joined YWBB 4/09, MO
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
I think a full half of my 2200+ posts at YWBB came from the good ole Bistro! *glances around* The place is looking good! Hey, wait. It's just missing something.

*rustles around in the closet*

HA!

*hangs the disco ball*

Perfect.

I think I'll go whip up a mudslide and join Moke by the fire.

kmouse...fan of all things sparkly
Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. -Anonymous

And sometimes it can give a second. -Me

RWV 7/7/56-4/13/09 I would have waited forever.

marian1953

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 10:23:50 PM »
My God, you have fezzes? I have several complete turn of the century shriners robes, saves, fezzes and all. I always knew there was a reason I liked you, Toosoon. The perfect party outfit back in my day.

marian1953

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »
oh, and throw a few papers my way! I miss my students and I am a great multi-tasker. Just explain your grading policy and I will grade away!

TooSoon

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 10:38:49 PM »
Marian!  How can it be?  I thought Scott was the only one to collect such things......(warning: if you are susceptible to the fez, do not visit shopgoodwill.com)  I've got a good half dozen fezzes, several sweet, shiny vintage smoking jackets (for the men), a ventriloquist dummy from the 70s, and a boat load of vintage cocktail dresses.  I think we're set to grade in style! 

marian1953

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 10:47:10 PM »
let the grading begin! Ah, the secrets we learn here and in the Bistro?

mokie

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 07:35:34 AM »
Well besides all the glitter and sequins on the floor (which add a very nice sparkle to the Bistro) and the wads of paper thrown in the corner, things look pretty good in here this morning.  How late did everyone stay grading papers?  Sorry I wimped out early.  Shouldn't have had that last glass of wine.

I'm not much on fixing lovely breakfast things, but I could whip up a mean bunch of scrambled eggs and bacon.  And how about some grits to go along with that?  Coffee is perking, and there's juice in the fridge.

Hey, those of you outside lurking... I see you peeking in the windows.  C'mon in!  Pull up a barstool and sit a spell.

Oh, and the disco ball is a nice touch, kmouse.  Thanks for finding that!

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »
Since its early, I'll be happy to put tea and coffee on . I'll even go whip up some pancakes , with fresh fruit. Think everyone's hung over still ?
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

mokie

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
That sounds great!  I'll have one... or two... of those pancakes.

I'll be in and out.  We're doing spring cleaning/purging around our place this week.  Gotta go spelunking in the attic for another box to bring down and go through.  Let's see what interesting "treasures" this one brings.  So far we have a whole lot in the "give to kids/donate/garage sale/burn barrel" piles, and not a lot in the "keep" pile.  Why have we been saving all this stuff????

marian1953

Re: The Widda Bistro and Bar & Grill is open for business!!
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 10:19:55 AM »
I am proudly old enough to remember George Carlin and his thing about "stuff"- why do we ned this stuff? I loved his line about it gets to the point even our "stuff" has "stuff". That's where I am still at- even after moving 350 miles away. Lord. I will take strong coffee, french press please- I am such a snob- and a few pancakes for fuel!
puts on robe and ducks under disco ball?