Author Topic: The Widda Bistro and Bar & Grill is open for business!!  (Read 19397 times)

Sandi1970

Re: The Widda Bistro and Bar & Grill is open for business!!
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »
Wow! Looks like everyone's having a decent weekend! I am a dog lover too! We have 3 lovable beasts in our little pack. I was putting together these grow boxes in the garage tonight and filling them with dirt, etc... All three were out inspecting what I was up to. Gretchen, the youngest, dug her big head & nose into the dirt and got a nose full of potting soil, then it was scattered throughout! She better leave my plants alone!
:-)Sandi

mokie

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2015, 03:17:13 PM »
I spent today cleaning out and organizing our medicine cabinet.  Threw out a LOT of old meds.  I was just settling down with a glass of wine and some chips, and saw the reminder on my phone of a meeting I have to go to in 45 minutes.  Grrrrr!  Oh well, it'll be a lot more enjoyable with a glass of wine in me.   ;D
When you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance!

Sandi1970

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2015, 03:08:57 PM »
I had to run in and warm up! I awoke to snow in Denver today! WTH! I've been eating salads and such lately and that didn't even sound good today, so chicken pot pie it was and a warm mug of coffee! Perfect!
Where's everyone been? I got to talk to some of my widda-loves today and this week. Ah... feel better now! Bago in a week & a half!

mokie

« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
Ooh, Bagos are always fun, Sandi!  Always good to look forward to!

We've been busy running here and there, working on the house, just doing a whole lot of nothing.  The house is a mess, I'm tired... Need some fun!!

mokie

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2015, 10:38:19 AM »
Is it 5:00 yet??  I finally made myself get up and do something... Folded the 2 baskets of laundry that have been just sitting around for days, have another 2 loads in the washer and dryer, and sorted through the rest of the bathroom cabinets and tossed about 3/4 of a laundry basket full of stuff. 

I'm ready for a break!!  Making some turkey and cheese roll-ups (anyone want one while I'm at it??) and then hitting the couch for a nap.  Unless it's 5:00, then I'll have a drink!   ;D

Hope everyone's having a good day!!

Sandi1970

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2015, 12:37:47 PM »
Sounds good to me! It's. 5o 'clock somewhere ! You're ahead of me with the laundry, can't get motivated... Allergies kicked in! How? There was snow on the ground yesterday! Either way, they found their way :(
I made this Mexican chicken casserole yesterday. Plenty left over. Bf asked me how I come up with the recipes I do online. I laughed a but then confessed, thought he'd think how dumb. Nope he thought it was absolutely brilliant. lol he finds things so amazing about me that I never even thought anything of. So I guess that's a positive for keeping the relationship going, just be your crazy widda self! I really have no sense of humor or cares to give anything else a try anyways .
So here's my laughable little trick. I look around what's on hand and just enter the ingredients in google! So yesterday, I had thawed out chicken and wasn't in the mood for anything I'd made in the past & really didn't want to cook. So I wanted easy!
Googled: chicken oven cornbread
I ended up with this Mexican chicken casserole. I gotta say it was so darn easy and deliscious. I couldn't imagine how it'd taste and it could definitely be done without the chicken, in my opinion.
So there's my trick, pot luck in the bistro with google & your pantry!

tableforone

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
I will take a turkey and cheese roll up! I am eating %75 off Easter jelly beans.

Laundry going. Raking out the flower beds. We bought the house last August so all the spring flowers are such a welcome surprise. We bought a fire pit today and are going to have a fire in it tonight...lots of branches from the winter. The dog is 'taking a tan' and lolling on the lawn supervising. Beautiful day here in Maine!!

Ok. Back to the gardens. And I will have a cocktail beside the first fire later. You are all invited to join me!

mokie

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
Hey Sandi and TFO!  Sandi, I love the idea of googling the ingredients you have on hand to find a recipe!!  Just did that, and so I'm bringing this to the Bistro Potluck!!  http://www.halfhourmeals.com/recipe/cheddar-bacon-ranch-chicken-pasta/

Turkey/cheese roll-up coming up for you, TFO!

I've slacked off this afternoon.  Got a great nap in though.  It's beautiful here in Northern Michigan today too, but I just can't get motivated to do outside work yet.  I did get my toenails painted so I can wear some flip flops tonight, though!  That's very important.  Now to get the legs shaved so I can wear capris.  :o

Sandi1970

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »
Mokie - yum! I have everything but the bacon. Might still go ahead for dinner! Glad you liked my silly trick. I'll take a turkey roll up too, please. Sounds yummy!
Snow all melted yesterday in my yard and today it's all gone in the field behind the fence. The mountains are absolutely snow capped & majestic! I love Colorado!

Ursula

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
Hello, I am dusting the bar and washing some glasses, this place has been deserted forever!!!! ouch, hit my head against the discoball, hanging a bit low.
I think this place needs reopening, fresh stack as the bar is completely empty, and some guests. This place rocked a couple of years ago...... anybody else???
Por que tu fuego a?n me quema, sin ti las noches son eternas,
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..
Y yo te esperare, amor aunque los a?os lleguen sin querer (Marc Anthony)

klim

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2017, 06:35:28 AM »
Well I've recently discovered I like mojitos so if you could get me one of those I would apreciate it....and you know what would make it really fun is if you could use a glow stick as a stir stick.....had one of those in a bar in France once. I prefer pink, but yellow or green is fine.