Author Topic: Gallivanting in Amsterdam, July 17-19  (Read 18781 times)

Tweety76

Gallivanting in Amsterdam, July 17-19
« on: March 09, 2015, 06:44:15 AM »
Migrating this fantastic event over to widda world :)

Last list of participants by Grace:
Grace
Boy Widower
Injo
Karen BKLYN
Ursula
Tweety76
Aicha
Midnight_man
Michael797
Jims_Jen

How're the hotel suggestions coming up? The ones already suggested bellow:

http://www.inntelhotelsamsterdamcentre.nl/

ttp://www.dikkerenthijshotel.nl/en/

http://www.edenamsterdamamericanhotel.com/en/

Hampshire Classic
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revie...d_Province.html

Wyndham Apollo Amsterdam

Mercure Amsterdam City

NH Amsterdam Centre

injo

Re: Gallivanting in Amsterdam, July 17-19
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:55:46 AM »
Hi Tweety, I thought the Wyndham Apollo looked good, but anywhere else is fine too!( guess it depends on everyones budget)  Maybe when everyone has "arrived" here on the new board we could make some decisions?

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
When I checked Wyndham, they didn't have any rooms left for our dates. You might have better luck, if someone cancelled or something... I'm still working on it, but I'm determined. We WILL be there! :)
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Tweety76

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:12:38 AM »
I'm actually not taking any stand on the hotel selection :) I just copied the ones suggested in YWBB thread so we can continue the discussion :) I'll gladly take advice and follow that :)

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 12:06:32 PM »
Wyndham looks good to me.  I'd be extremely surprised if they're booked out this early.  Booking.com and Expedia, among others are showing the option to book.  Jen, have you tried searching availability via trip advisor?
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »
I'll try again. I tried to book yesterday and had a major glitch that resulted in a significant bank error.  >:(  That's supposed to be resolved today, cross fingers!!
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

gracelet

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
This shit just got real (in a good way!).  Let us know how it goes and then I'll get booking too!
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 09:09:13 PM »
SUCCESS!!!!! I booked directly from the Wyndham's website. We're committed now--they've already charged me. Definitely going to be there! (I could make a comment about failed dikes and potential disasters, but I shall refrain... ;) )

gracelet

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »
@JustJen Amazing!

So troops, also known as Wids on Weed (WOW), decision is made.  We're off to Amsterdam and if as many of us as poss can book to stay at the Wyndham Apollo Amsterdam from 17-19th July, that would be simply marvellous.

The hotel's website is here: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/netherlands/amsterdam/wyndham-apollo-hotel-amsterdam/hotel-overview

You may want to use a price comparison website to see if you can get a deal on the room rate.

Get booking!  This shit is happening.  I'll be flying in on the Friday morning and leaving on Sunday evening.

Tweety76

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:39:13 AM »
I booked a room too and I'll book my flights this evening :) so Aicha and I have a place to stay now. I've asked her to join us here :)

Oh and I'll be arriving in Amsterdam on 16th July around 6 pm if I get the flights I want :) My return flight will be on Sunday around 6 pm so I could use some company during the day dragging stuff around and being hunged over without a room :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:40:48 AM by Tweety76 »

injo

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 04:12:38 AM »
I'm  in too!!! Just booked a room! Great!! So far so good. Jen, is Michael coming along with you?
Tweety, we are all going to be there on Sunday too, right?
Does anyone know if Karen and Ursula and Midnightman made it to this board?

Grace,I like our groupname  (where can I find the smiley's??), maybe we should get some shirts made: WOW

Tweety76

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 04:38:59 AM »
Tweety, we are all going to be there on Sunday too, right?
Does anyone know if Karen and Ursula and Midnightman made it to this board?

Grace,I like our groupname  (where can I find the smiley's??), maybe we should get some shirts made: WOW

I think Sunday was the original plan too :) Ursula has gotten the word (AC said so in another thread when I asked about her) but hasn't shown up yet. The rest I don't know.

And I love the groupname too!!!!!!! Anything that turns in to WOW is just fantabulous!!!!!! :)

aicha

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 08:13:23 AM »
I'm in too!!!! @Tweety76 thanks for taking care of the room  ;)
@gracelet the groupname just made my morning. Thank u for that!
Can't wait for July
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:15:26 AM by aicha »

Suki1

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 08:22:16 AM »
Count me in, too! Arriving on Thursday, the 16th, and departing on Sunday, the 19th.

K-REBat

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 08:58:44 AM »
I just wanted to let you know that I've changed my screen name, in celebration of this new beautiful board.