Specific Situations > Extreme Caregiving

Anticipatory Grieving

<< < (2/7) > >>

Shelby:
I am so grateful to all of you for sharing your thoughts.

littlebirdie:
I imagine it's different for everyone. When Brent was diagnosed he was given a 5% chance of survival and we expected him to live six months at the most. So I think that in a sense it was true for me, in that I knew there was no hope right from the beginning and I had the opportunity to begin to accept what was going to be; however, I don't think that knowing your spouse is going to die can in any way prepare you for the reality of being widowed. For me, knowing absolutely that he would die and learning to cope with the reality of my life after his death were two completely different things.

Shelby:

--- Quote from: littlebirdie on March 17, 2015, 07:00:58 AM ---For me, knowing absolutely that he would die and learning to cope with the reality of my life after his death were two completely different things.

--- End quote ---
Yes. This.

ManutesGirl:
Yes,  I grieved so much along the way but like Little Birdie said I accepted and was prepared that he was going to die but I was not prepared to live after he died.  That was somewhat shocking to me.

Kamcho:
I know I did. I would go home to shower, and would scream and cry.

Maybe a better way of putting it is that I grieved what my baby was going through, but it didn't prepare me for the finality of him actually being gone.

It was a hard road. My thoughts are with anyone struggling with this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version