Author Topic: Introducing the new Relationships/Remarriage board  (Read 3992 times)

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
Introducing the new Relationships/Remarriage board
« on: April 10, 2015, 02:53:42 PM »
There has been demand for a place for those in committed relationships to be able to discuss the highs and lows of this circumstance. We would like this forum to evolve to meet the needs of its members, so we are going to try out having this space available as we agree that the idea has merit. In the event it does not make sense to keep it separated, we would simply merge this board back into the Social Encounters board so no one's posts are lost.

If you have an existing thread in Social Encounters that you think is better suited for this new space, please either reply to this post or send me a PM to request that it be moved.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

lcoxwell

Re: Introducing the new Relationships/Remarriage board
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:01 PM »
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Being in a seriously committed, dating relationship, in which we are having discussions about a future together, I have often wanted to make a post or ask questions of others, who are also in relationships. Often times, though, I did not want to start a new thread, for fear of feeling like the topic I wanted to start might not exactly fit in the social situations section.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

TooSoon

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »
I started Long Distance Relationships.  That thread might be a better fit here; I was reluctant to post it in Social Encounters in the first place.

THANKS you guys!  You're the best!

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 07:07:56 PM »
I started Long Distance Relationships.  That thread might be a better fit here; I was reluctant to post it in Social Encounters in the first place.

THANKS you guys!  You're the best!

Moved. Thank you. :)
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

marian1953

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »
this is just wonderful. Thanks so much!
Marian

anniegirl

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »
This is wonderful! Thank you.
This is not the droid you are looking for.

tableforone

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »
Thank you Jezzy! When I was newly widowed I couldn't stand reading about people in long term relationships or heave forbid actually remarried. It made me so upset.

look2thesky

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 09:16:13 PM »
YaY : )

IronBear

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:43:15 PM »
Cool  8)

thejourney

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 10:05:09 PM »
glad you added this section. I often held off on some of my posts - I sometimes got feedback from people who were just not as far along as I was.  Due to that feedback, I modified my posts.  I feel like this will be a better place for some of my questions.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 06:56:59 PM »
Hi everyone. We are keeping this board active as it seems clear that these discussions need a place separate from Social Encounters. Thank you all and I hope this space continues to be helpful for our community. :)

marian1953

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 08:39:33 PM »
Jezzy, I think it allowed a voice for many here. It is much appreciated.
Marian