Author Topic: Three good things  (Read 49710 times)

Leadfeather

Re: Three good things
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »
This thread needs to be revived. So...

1. My youngest is home from college for the first part of his spring break and we just had a nice lunch together where he was animated and engaged in good conversation with me.

2. Trust is growing between the lady I have been dating and myself. It is starting to feel that given time it might grow into something more.

3. I have created a life goals map for 2018 and feel a bit more focused and less adrift.

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
-Corrie Ten Boom

twin_mom

« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »
1. My daughter danced amazingly at her recital tonight.

2. I didn't get bummed out at the recital tonight that he's missing it.  It only took 5.5 years and 11? shows, constituting over 20 actual performances... I think because he never saw her dance at this level, we never thought she'd stick with it this long. But I could just enjoy watching her dance without the bittersweetness.

3. The boy laid down on the couch last night, put his head in my lap, and fell asleep.  😁 he's 15, I don't remember when he did that last, it was so sweet and made my month!

Captains wife

« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2018, 08:44:32 AM »
1. I feel I am making real progress with my son's schooling.

2. I made it through the last 2 Nor'Easters without power, phone, internet and with a flooding basement. I learned how to run a gas generator and could take care of my son and my mother (who is visiting and has been a godsent) in those conditions.

3. An ex (who I was crazy about) contacted me (to go for drinks) and I resisted the urge to see him again and said no. I realize I have really become wiser over time as it relates to dating. 

tybec

« Reply #273 on: March 19, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
1. My son got back from his youth retreat and had a ball.  Our former church youth were there, so he got to see friends. This is a special camp as my LH volunteered for youth retreats here all the time.   ;D

2.  I have my taxes and my late mother's done!  One more big check the box.

3.  I went to a lunch at my former church and got lots of hugs, smiles and felt good to be with folks who care and know me, my son and LH.   :)

tybec

« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2018, 10:27:43 AM »
1.  I volunteered to be on a foster care review board.  I have worked with foster care kids for years with trauma treatment expertise but not in private practice so much.  So, with 6 hours of training on my belt, I can serve another way, hopefully.

2. Spring break is around the corner.

3. My finances are coming back around. Feel more sure footed versus sinking.  Renting my house that did not sell is a big bonus.  Starting to recover from 6 months of two home expenses. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:30:15 AM by tybec »

twin_mom

« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »
1. Went to the movies tonight with dd to see Love, Simon. It was good, but more importantly she was thankful I took her and even said "I know you would rather sit home on the couch tonight and watch a movie, so seriously thank you so much for taking me" 😊

2. The movie was way better than I expected. It does deserve the high score on rotten tomatoes.

3. I think tonight's wintry precipitation is going to finish off the hydrangeas, so I won't feel bad about pulling them out and putting something else in. (I feel like I haven't given them enough of a chance to establish, this will be year three but they keep getting eaten....)