Author Topic: Three good things  (Read 41691 times)

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
Re: Three good things
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2015, 06:48:19 AM »
1) I am on a train up to my father's house and because I went first class, I get 'free' food and booze, whoop.

2) I've discovered two beautiful poems that have really moved me and inspired me in a collection recommended to me by NG

3) I get to see my baby siblings for the first time in a year and a half in just a few hours!
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com

Torn

• "This Guy"
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2015, 08:58:11 AM »
1.I'm greatful a member here took time to PM me some support,and honestly I needed it :) .
2. So I get to live another day.
3.I'm posting here,where a bunch of people at least understand the feeling of loss, thank you all
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Oscar Levant

Helen

• chemie
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »

Christmas Eve 11pm and Santa has been!

1. Some of the kids and I went to do an 'escape challenge' in Edinburgh, we had an hour to get out of Di Vinci themed room. It took us 49 minutes and was huge fun.

2. Supper for 9 this evening was delicious.

3. Santa has been, most people are asleep and the house is quietish. Lots of presents as there are 9 of us here this evening.

This is the 4th Christmas without Graham and I miss him very much, but I am very grateful to be surrounded by lovely people. Only #4 missing this evening, this is his first married Christmas and he is with his in-laws.

Merry Christmas everyone  <3

marian53

« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »
Just lovely, Helen! thanks for the pictures- and so nice to see you again xo

1. All siblings called and wished me Happy Birthday yesterday, as did the nephews.

2. I have everything ready for tomorrow and the house only needs to be vacuumed.

3. Every single  solitary one of you. I never knew that people I "only know" (as some fool said to me) over the web could mean so much to me. God Bless us everyone, apologies to Tiny Tim!
Happy Christmas!
Marian

Helen

• chemie
« Reply #124 on: December 25, 2015, 06:22:37 PM »

It's done =)

1. The kids staying here slept until 8.15 which was pretty miraculous. We all got a good nights sleep.

2. Lots of lovely presents including a Fitbit and a lovely vegan cookbook.

3. I made delicious food, lots of laughing and happy people. I am very blessed to have so many children and friends.

Today was a good day, I had a few difficult moments but know I can survive those now. I miss him lots and nothing fills the gap he has left at the heart of our family and all of these occasions.

mmg19

« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2015, 06:34:52 AM »
1.  Difficult to limit all the good things of the last days to 3.  Family and friends spending time together heads the list.
2.  A full week of no school and time to just hang out.
3.  It's the day after Christmas and not one exchange to be made and I don't need to face a store today.

Helen

• chemie
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »

Struggling hard today to keep afloat. My mood is an unpredictable as the Scottish weather. Being a single parent is an unrelenting, thankless task, even when the children are older as mine are, they have such high expectations and I am a limited resource. Focusing on the good things is like clinging to a life raft in a storm.

1. I slept brilliantly, waking at 9.15am which must have happened a handful of times this century.

2. We headed to the theatre this afternoon for our annual trip to the pantomime which was as funny as always, maybe this will be the last year though, maybe time for a new Boxing Day tradition next year.

3. Managed to hold it together (just) when I wanted to fall apart. The lure of the nut roast left overs held things in balance.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2015, 09:21:11 PM »
1. A nice 2 days with my mom.  She was widowed at 66 and gets it.

2. Playing board games today with the boys and my mom

3. Unusually warm New England December, was able to go for a nice long walk today and get down to the lake.
You will forever be my always.

Virgo

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2015, 10:04:10 PM »
1. Went to church with my daughters and in-laws. Since it was the last Sunday of the year our pastor always reflects on what our church accomplished throughout the year . The worship music was beautiful. 

2. After church we all went to see Daddy's Home.  Good movie!  The ending was perfect.

3. After the movie we went to a local Mexican restaurant for a late lunch. Fun day!

4. I'll add another.  I've been texting with a guy friend since we got home. 
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Helen

• chemie
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2015, 04:21:12 AM »

1. Started the day with a TRX session and then a swim at the gym. The gym have been the thing that has got me through the last few years and going less recently because I have been working so much has been tough. It is good to be back over the holidays.

2. Sat and watched the final Downton Abbey this afternoon, curled up on the sofa, with no feelings of guilt for doing nothing.

3. Went to the cinema last night to see 'Sisters' which was very rude but also very funny.

Torn

• "This Guy"
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2015, 06:25:11 AM »
Well I've only been awake a hour or so but:

1.Yesterday I made plans for today to go visit with a guy I did lots of work for in the past, I'm gonna go visit him and his wife today.
2.Tornadoes have been everywhere here the last evening & thankfully not effected anyone.
3. I've made supportive friendship here on the Widda forum....
 That's be a enormous blessing
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Oscar Levant

mmg19

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »
1.  Talked on phone with aunts who were unable to be here for Christmas.
2.  NG called to wish me Merry Christmas as he is visiting daughter 500 miles away.
3.  Tree is down, ornaments boxed, and house back in order. 

Helen

• chemie
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »

1. Went into Edinburgh today with child #3, it is lovely to spend time alone with her. We had some tough talking to do, but it went OK.

2. Went to a lovely vegan cafe for lunch.

3. Started holiday hunting for 2016, nothing sorted yet but the hunting is fun.

Gabzmom

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2015, 12:42:12 AM »
This Christmas, we changed it up yet again!  Out of fear of pain, we have changed it up quite a bit.  Last year, the house was so festive!  I got a baby tree to place in the family room and my DD wanted to stay home.  We opened presents Christmas morning and then I took a prime rib to the cousins.  This year, we went to my cousin's Christmas Eve (I won't tell you about the craptastic afternoon) after letting go a small hurt (after all - it's all small in comparison to the big hurt).  Again we opened Christmas gifts Christmas morning and headed into Seattle to spend the next two days. 

I am so grateful:
1.  For this beautiful, big hearted kid of mine - she and I are on this journey together
2.  Being able to spend the two days with my DD and pups at a pet friendly hotel and city
3.  The sweet server at the Irish pub, Sinead - she was a dear and gave me a hug when we left
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

Virgo

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2015, 02:09:09 AM »
1. Packed up Christmas decorations.

2. Cleaned house, worked on laundry.

3. Made a birthday dinner and dessert for my 14yo daughter. We're meeting family at the restaurant of her choice on her birthday,  the 29th.

Icy roads, so we were stuck at home today.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss