Author Topic: Three good things  (Read 41649 times)

Love2fish

Re: Three good things
« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2017, 05:10:59 PM »
1.  I spread the loam and grass seed today in time for the next few days of rain.  Just in time!

2.  The black flies are not out yet.

3   This thread was bumped.

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2017, 03:00:15 PM »
1. Have been enjoying the Katherine Hepburn brownies I made.

2. The last two days have been perfect for gardening- have gotten a lot done. It's nice to feel a sense of accomplishment.

3. My 15 yr old blind deaf dog has not peed or pooped in the house today (yet).
It is a fearful thing to love what Death can touch.

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2017, 05:10:52 PM »
(Sigh)...forget number three. Today I'll hafta content myself with two good things.

Missing AC

« Reply #243 on: April 28, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »
1. Came home this past Sunday to find my neighbor sent his kid over to mow my front yard. It was a nice gesture.

2. Had a nice lunch on Tuesday with a friend. 

3. I've been getting my exercise in and going for brisk walks all this week. Hope the motivation continues 'cause I need to lose weight and haven't done anything since my DH passed 5 months ago.

4. I haven't really shed tears this week.

Okay, so that was 4 and I could probably add a couple more. Yes, its been a much better week. Should I be worried?  Is there a big low coming my way?

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »
1. The unending ceaseless relentless rain will be good for the wildflower seeds I scattered.

2. My bf made a strawberry rhubarb pie.

3. Finally saw Rogue One and it was awesome.

TofinoMan

« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2017, 12:57:58 AM »
1. FAMILY

2. FRIENDS

3. LEFTOVER PIZZA.
I have a daughter named Boo, a dog called Stick, and a truck named Zane Grey. My neighbors think I am nuts when they hear me yell Boo and Stick get in Zane.
Best part is neighbors leave the crazy guy alone.....

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
It's been a good couple days, so figured I should capture this while it lasts!

1. The push mower started on the first pull.
2. I found the ring I lost earlier this week. It's not fancy, just a simple silver ring I bought myself recently and somehow it had fallen off and disappeared.
3. Realizing one of the "good" things about being alone is that when I'm singing out loud to the car radio, no one cares that I only know half the words! And, yes, as this thought crossed my mind, it made me smile rather than cry.

I miss how happy I was with you.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »
Just love your 3 good things JG!
I can relate to your #3, I'm listening to Chris Deburgh Spanish Train cranked full out.  I haven't done this in more than 5 yrs and it's kind of making me feel all over the place.  If that makes any sense.
Your #1... haha I can never pull start the equipment at the start of the season, nope never could so I wait til I can find some muscle to do it.  My muscle man died on me. 
Now on to my 3 good things (I think I've only posted here once)
1.  My cousin came yesterday and spent the night.  We had a great time together.
2.  She is going to have her BF help me finish stuff up here to sell.  I really need to go.
3.  I'm listening to Chris DeBurgh full tilt.
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »
1. An old friend is in town for the weekend, visiting from Canada. It's been really nice hanging out with him.

2. Got invited to a friend's house to hear some live music last night- a couple from New Mexico that play a bluegrass/Cajun blend. It was fun!

3. I decided to do a juice fast this week. I'd forgotten how labor-intensive it is and how much vegetables and fruit it takes, but I'm feeling really good.

(I, too, love singing along to my car radio- been listening to a lot of classic rock and I'm a big fan of making up new lyrics!)

mmg19

« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2017, 09:58:37 AM »
1.  We were all able to take my parents to cemetery and also decorate graves with new spouse for his late wife and my late husband.

2.  Out of town friends are spending 2 days with us and we are having cookout, kids friends, and family. 

3.  School is almost out and time to rest from school work (a little), refresh the mind, and enjoy the family.

TooSoon

« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »

3.  School is almost out and time to rest from school work (a little), refresh the mind, and enjoy the family.

Amen to that!  This is my first, second and third good thing right now!

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2017, 09:36:55 AM »
Friday was our wedding anniversary and no celebration of Father's Day today since husband, father, and FIL have all passed. BUT, it's been a good weekend and I thought I'd capture this moment in time:

1. Went to my niece's spaghetti dinner fundraiser Friday night (good aunt that I am!). On the way home, I took a wrong turn which meant our drive home was a bit out the way. At a stop sign, a woman got out of her car to ask for directions. She was totally lost and flustered and if I hadn't taken the "long" way home, I wouldn't have been there to help her at that moment.

2. Went to Sail Boston on Saturday and my son decided to join me at the last minute. It was a great day being on the water watching the tall ships and we then we enjoyed a casual, relaxing late lunch together.

3. An impromptu invitation to see a drum corp performance last night. My first (in person) and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

So a weekend that started with a funeral on my anniversary, has turned out pretty darn good! Of course, I still need to get through today, hence, capturing the moment and good feeling while it lasts!
I miss how happy I was with you.

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »
Crappy day- so here I am, trying to power on through!

1. Though we got a late start, the garden has been giving us plenty of food to eat and give away.

2. Captured/released two bees from my house this morning so they can continue to go forth and pollinate.

3. The new squirrel triplets in my front tree are very rambunctious and a bit on the destructive side, but they sure are cute to watch.

jgib

« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »
1.  Willow
2.  Nigel
3.  Eggs from the chickens.

KrypticKat

« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2017, 09:38:33 AM »
1) I managed to negotiate a better rent with my landlord without help
2) I'm back to full time work and feeling good about it
3) My cat has gotten cuddlier and wakes me up every morning for snuggles