Author Topic: Three good things  (Read 47790 times)

Re: Three good things
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »
This thread needs to be revived. So...

1. My youngest is home from college for the first part of his spring break and we just had a nice lunch together where he was animated and engaged in good conversation with me.

2. Trust is growing between the lady I have been dating and myself. It is starting to feel that given time it might grow into something more.

3. I have created a life goals map for 2018 and feel a bit more focused and less adrift.
Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
-Corrie Ten Boom

« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »
1. My daughter danced amazingly at her recital tonight.

2. I didn't get bummed out at the recital tonight that he's missing it.  It only took 5.5 years and 11? shows, constituting over 20 actual performances... I think because he never saw her dance at this level, we never thought she'd stick with it this long. But I could just enjoy watching her dance without the bittersweetness.

3. The boy laid down on the couch last night, put his head in my lap, and fell asleep.  😁 he's 15, I don't remember when he did that last, it was so sweet and made my month!

Captains wife

« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2018, 08:44:32 AM »
1. I feel I am making real progress with my son's schooling.

2. I made it through the last 2 Nor'Easters without power, phone, internet and with a flooding basement. I learned how to run a gas generator and could take care of my son and my mother (who is visiting and has been a godsent) in those conditions.

3. An ex (who I was crazy about) contacted me (to go for drinks) and I resisted the urge to see him again and said no. I realize I have really become wiser over time as it relates to dating. 

« Reply #273 on: March 19, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
1. My son got back from his youth retreat and had a ball.  Our former church youth were there, so he got to see friends. This is a special camp as my LH volunteered for youth retreats here all the time.   ;D

2.  I have my taxes and my late mother's done!  One more big check the box.

3.  I went to a lunch at my former church and got lots of hugs, smiles and felt good to be with folks who care and know me, my son and LH.   :)