Author Topic: Say Their Names (Resurrecting a favorite topic from the old board)  (Read 12067 times)

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
Re: Say Their Names (Resurrecting a favorite topic from the old board)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 10:44:20 PM »
Falguni is her full name, Fal to most friends, Falgu to family, Mom to our kids...also my sweet babu(her middle name)...sadly no one will ever hear that again.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

marian1953

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 11:06:15 PM »
Peter, my Peter Pan?

MissingMyJon

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 11:24:28 PM »
His name is Jon.  He was a wonderful man.  There is so much to say about him, and yet I struggle to find the words. 

He had an amazing heart, and was willing to help out anyone and everyone.  He had incredible patience (he needed it with me  :) ).  Wherever we went, he always had little facts about this historical place or that building, or that animal.  I miss going to the aquarium with him and not hear little tidbits about stingrays or sharks.  He loved family, and went above and beyond to stay close with those he could not be physically around all the time.  He had a gentle strength about him.  He always knew when I needed a little extra strength, and quietly held me up when I needed it.

He loved me and my kids, treating them as his own.  He was more of a father to my older three than my ex-husband ever will be.  And he was so excited and overjoyed when we brought our own bundle of joy into this world.  Our little girl has his amazing memory, and although she doesn't have any factual tidbits to relay to me (since she is only now three), I can definitely tell she will be telling me every little thing she learns in school.

He showed me what true love really felt like, really meant.  What it was like to be loved, and taught me how to love with all my heart in return.  Every morning, I would wake in the morning, see him next to me, and my soul would smile.  I smiled every day of our almost 7 years together. 

I miss him so much...
Jon, your name is imprinted on my life.
I love you, baby.
9/16/1985 - 4/30/2014

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 07:28:07 PM »
Thank you All for sharing your love story and spouse thoughts.  I'm sure, like I, it wasn't always roses but it was 'Us together' and that was what was so loving and heart wrenching to not have our 'Us' anymore.  It just seems so unfair. I miss him so much :(
Hugs to all of you
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »
His name was Chad. I call him by his name on this board a lot, I realized the other day rather than DH or LH, I just feel compelled to use his name for this very reason.  Because so many wont.  He was a man tormented by addiction , paralyzed by fear and made many many mistakes.  But He was also a brilliant F-15 Strike Eagle mechanic. He was a big ol softie and wasn't afraid to cry at a sad movie, or over a song. He could be so silly and my kids loved to cut up with him.  He was constant and steady and never once let a day go by without telling me he loved me.  He was doggedly determined not to let me go. He always owned up to his shortcomings.  He would do just about anything anyone ever asked him to do. He was my person and I miss him so very very much.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 11:13:15 AM »
His name was Chad. I call him by his name on this board a lot, I realized the other day rather than DH or LH, I just feel compelled to use his name for this very reason.  Because so many wont.  He was a man tormented by addiction , paralyzed by fear and made many many mistakes.  But He was also a brilliant F-15 Strike Eagle mechanic. He was a big ol softie and wasn't afraid to cry at a sad movie, or over a song. He could be so silly and my kids loved to cut up with him.  He was constant and steady and never once let a day go by without telling me he loved me.  He was doggedly determined not to let me go. He always owned up to his shortcomings.  He would do just about anything anyone ever asked him to do. He was my person and I miss him so very very much.

Carey, your Chad sounds so much like my Blaine.

His name was Blaine, I called him many things over the course of our short life together, I was just happy to call him mine.  At the time of his death he had celebrated 19 months of clean time, after 20 years of addiction this was wonderful . He wore his emotions on his sleeve and would tear up at movies or over music. Music was a big thing for us, if we could not find words to describe an emotion, we could definitely find a song. After life separated us for 9 years, once we were reconnected, he made sure I knew how much he cared about me. He taught me what love was supposed to feel like. Sure he had his imperfections and his short comings, but he would be the first to tell you about them.He had a light about him that even his bi polar disorder could not extinguish. He was a beautiful, poetic, amazing man and I miss him every day.
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

MrsT85

• Global Moderator
  • Widowed by a car accident at age 27
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 12:30:21 PM »
His name was Tim.  I met him when I was just 19, and fell in love with his wit and his passion and his humor almost immediately.  We really were best friends in addition to spouses - we loved all the same music (and my lord, did we love our music), had the same political views, liked all the same books and movies...I could talk to him forever and ever and never once get bored.  One of our favorite topics of conversation - usually while listening to a mix CD we had put together while making dinner, or some similar situation - was how goddamn lucky we were to have found each other.  How absolutely confident we were that we had found our "other half."

The man fit me like a glove.  He could be stubborn and sometimes let his pride and ego get away with him, but I think that's really quite common for people who were as wickedly intelligent as him.

I miss having a true partner.  One who not only loves me, but also loves all the same things that I do and wants to be by my side for everything - just how I felt about him.   I'll miss him until I'm just a pile of ashes mixed into his urn with him.
Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face

Do You Realize??

01/12/1977-04/06/2013

SimiRed

• Widowed 9-19-09 Joined YWBB 10-2009
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 01:18:27 PM »
His name was Rick
I called him Ricky since when I met him at 9 years old, that's what his Mother and sister called him.
My son called him Daddy (Still does)
I called him "Baby Doll"
His coworkers called him a Genius, they wrote letters to my son about all the things he accomplished at work that will forever impact the future of pharmaceuticals.
I miss him so very bad, somedays, I can't do it.
~Tracey~
My wonderful husband Rick of 19 years, 12/11/67 - 9/20/09 Neuroendocrine cancer.
I still miss you everyday, I go forward, but my mind stands still.

donswife

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »
Just stumbled upon this one :)

His Name was Don.
we met when I was 22 and he was 25 , both pretty wild at the time but the moment we met that was it!
over the next 27 years we made a wonderful life together.
He was the love of a lifetime and we never took that for granted
We always had fun together and mostly when it was just the two of us.
He was a jack of all trades and built me a beautiful house with amazing gardens outside.
He was the kind of guy you wanted on your side He was fiercely loyal to his friends and family but it was an exclusive club
I am happy to have been a member of that club
thanks for letting me say his name and share his life
My everything

Alexswife

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 07:09:10 PM »
Alex. His name is Alex. Kevin Alexander is the name his parents gave him but everyone called him Alex.
I called him Kevin when he was aggravating and Fred when I picked on him.

His name is Alex and I miss him.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. - Hebrews 4:7-8
Alex 1/31/91-7/19/12

Guaruj

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 08:01:52 PM »
Her name was Catherine; originally Caterina.  Her siblings sometimes called her "Cath".  I learned not to call her "Cathy" because she hated that name.  Her childhood nickname was Giggi because she giggled so often as a little girl.

She loved beaches. She especially loved tropical beaches because they reminder her of her childhood home in Brazil.

She didn't understand many things that I assumed were common knowledge, but she organized our home and our life together in ways I could not.

Even though she was deeply sensitive, she bravely endured years of very painful cancer treatments that ended her life.

I love Catherine and miss her terribly.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

patriciad

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 02:52:16 PM »
His name was Billy.  I met him when I was just 19 years old.  He was so much more wild than me but I just knew he was the one.  A few bumps along the way.  We broke up for 2 years and then found our way back to each other.  From that point on I never let go.
He was my love.  The person who I could spend hours with and still want more.  We saw eye to eye on just about everything.  We knew each other to the core.  We celebrated the good and held on to each other to get through the bad. He was the best friend I ever had.

He has been gone six years today and I still miss him like it was yesterday.

Pat

lcoxwell

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 12:33:44 AM »
His name was Kenneth, and tonight, I just needed to say it, because I am really, really missing him like mad lately. I miss him so much, it's hard to breathe.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Alexsander

• Widower since July 2013
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »
Her name was Fabiana, or "Fabi". She passed away two years ago (July 23) three weeks after giving birth. I've dreamt about her a few days ago: in the dream, I saw her laying in a bed, alive and kinda sleepy. I sat beside her and hugged her, saying "my love!". Then I realized it was a dream and I woke up. Weird?

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 04:56:10 PM »
I can't believe I missed this thread for so long!

His name was Jim. James Gordon Walker, Jr-- he always signed that stupid "junior."  ::) Jimmy when we were kids-- I was 10 when we met, he was 11. We were best friends before we were anything else. He was my fairy tale, my dream come true-- my first love, my first heartbreak when we broke up, and my salvation when he tracked me down 15 years later. He was my Jim-- he will always be my Jim. Always.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton