Author Topic: Say Their Names (Resurrecting a favorite topic from the old board)  (Read 12585 times)

Ursula

Re: Say Their Names (Resurrecting a favorite topic from the old board)
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 07:06:04 PM »
I love this post, it is plain beautiful

His name is Alex - Ale - papi - loco-  pirata  and finally Papa. Jos? Raul, but nobody ever called him like that.
He was always warm - he was fiercely proud and incredibly sensitive - he was rough and explosive - he was so passionate and his energy was palpable - his voice was wonderfully low and warm - he could drive me up the wall - he was wild and undomesticated - he was extreme in every way.  He loved his music and was incredibly talented - It was always life or death for him. He was very deep and very dark- a tormented soul. I knew him, I know him - I recognised him.
He had to go , before he had time to mature and realise the magnitude of all that he was and had.
When I met him, he looked right into me and broke down all my barriers - I miss him every day - life will never be the same.

Por que tu fuego a?n me quema, sin ti las noches son eternas,
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..
Y yo te esperare, amor aunque los a?os lleguen sin querer (Marc Anthony)

Euf

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 09:00:27 PM »
His name was Jim.  Jim Smith.  LOL   An ordinary name.  Not an ordinary man.

Sugarbell

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »
His name was Benjamin. We called him Ben. Or Bitter Ben (because he wAs a complete smartass with a dry sense of humor-a young George Carlin who loved being politically incorrect..) My Dad called him Gentle Ben (after a 70s show about a big ole gentle bear$

Or Benny Hanna was another nickname.

But he was my Ben.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

ieh21

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 08:54:48 PM »
His internet alias was always Joe. He'd had his identity stolen twice and was hyper private on public website. So to honour his preference, on the internet, he remains Joe. My Big Baby, my-baby-my-love, the future Nutso to my future Fatso.

lcoxwell

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
His name was Kenneth, and tonight, I just needed to say it, and to take a moment to remember him.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »
Barry.  John.  My loves....

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2015, 07:24:18 AM »
I miss my Chad so much. I never hear his name anymore. Im never around anyone who knew him and loved him except my kids and to him he's always daddy. He was MY Chaderoo. Dear God this still hurts too damn much.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

hachi

• Widowed 7-6-2012 YWBB Joined 6-10-2013 Loc:NH
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 08:25:16 AM »
Craig, His name is Craig. I miss hearing it the way he would say it, with a hint of his mother's Scottish brogue. Not "Kregg" but with the long a, and a slight roll of the r.

Craig. God, I miss that man....
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.      ~ A. Einstein

Mizpah

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 08:37:53 AM »
Shimon.  Shimon to me and his family.  Or Shimony.  Simon to all others.  Puppy, Baby Bear, Baby Boy (though he was 6'2" and manly), and a thousand other names. 
widowed 2011 (DH 28)

Torn

• "This Guy"
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 03:08:55 PM »
Crystal was my first love my first heart break and believed in soulmates and that we where,ever since loosing her I've felt I have more than a broken heart,my soul has broken aswell.
    She was a mother, my best friend my love I called her Blondie Loxxx **tears**
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Oscar Levant

mizjsea

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2015, 10:44:05 PM »
Jeff, he is Jeff. I lost him 14 months ago today. He mind was as brilliant as his his soul was gentle and his heart was loving.

Catnip

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 09:34:45 AM »
His name was Dave. My middle son has David as his middle name. Dave was intelligent, professional and handsome; tall, skinny and blond, but what attracted me first was his smile. He seemed to always know something about everything, and could talk about anything. I miss him by my side.

He loved computers. His job for 20 years was working as communication data coordinator serving several local school districts. His job was not work, it was pure joy for him. We would go on vacation to Cape Cod and the first thing he would do was work on the computer in the lobby to make it work faster! I?m sorry he never lived long enough to ever have a smart phone. He died in 2006 and only owned a flip phone. I bet he?d be impressed with our modern technology today.

His curiosity to find out how things worked allowed him to be able to fix anything. He could do plumbing, carpentry, remodel our cellar, and fix cars.

He loved motorcycles and dirt bikes. He restored a 1973 Yankee 500 motorcycle in my cellar, and then set up a web page for others to write in asking him for advice.

Dave loved, adored, cared for, was proud of, and was best friend to our three sons.

We miss you, Dave.
You left and forgot to tell my heart how to live without you.

DebW

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 03:18:42 AM »
Reading through these posts has reduced me to tears, all of us missing our other halves so much......it's just unbearable.

My husband was Anthony, never ever Tony, how he hated it when people shortened his name to Tony. He was my sweetheart, my babe, my bud. I met him when I was 18, we were together 22 years, married for 17 of those. We knew each other so well, we could almost read each other's minds we were so attuned to one another. I know I will never have anything that special again in my life.

One of my best friends husbands is also called Anthony, when I used to talk with her about our husbands I would say 'my' Anthony or 'your' Anthony.......but my Anthony is no more,

Skitwin

• I love you so much honey.
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »
His name is Paul.
He is the love of my life.
He was kind, brilliant, hilarious, troubled, and vulnerable.
With him, I knew unconditional love, and unimaginable pain.
In turn, he saw the very best and the very worst of me.
Not a day goes by where I don't miss him deeply, long for him, and wish that I could go back and be a better wife to him.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2015, 06:36:32 PM »
His name was Tim. He would give the shirt off his back and and grab a chain saw to get a fallen tree off your house. He loved to have friends and family over and always made them feel at home. He was an incredible Dad and dedicated his time to anything that interested our boys. He remembered everything he ever read or heard. He was type A, a pain in the ass, generous with his heart, his time, and his talents. He was my best friend and partner for 25 years.
You will forever be my always.