Author Topic: I love the logo!  (Read 4490 times)

Chopperette

• JIC 52 Ruptured Brain Aneurysm 3/21/2013
I love the logo!
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »
I don't know who came with the logo, but kudos to whoever did. I think is wonderful that hands entwine to form the W. It simply reflects our mission here.
Thanks again to @Jess, @Justin, @Wifeless @Bluebird @Baylee627 @Just Jen  @LisaPop  @Shelby   for taking the time to provide us our safe heaven!

azjane

Re: I love the logo!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »
I agree! Very creative :)

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 10:46:07 AM »
I can claim no responsibility for the awesome logo. I want to give credit where credit is due for this space and the logo, but want to make sure the member is okay with receiving heap tons of praise and thanks first. ;)
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

mokie

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
The widda logo came from the Widdas Gone Wild Bago a few years ago.  We started using it on our bago t-shirts.  I'm not positive, but I think Lewis came up with it.  It could have been a collaborative effort.  (I think we had been teasingly using it as our "gang" sign.  =) 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:20:38 PM by mokie »
When you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance!

Gabzmom

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 12:54:35 AM »
I love the logo, too!
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

tk74

• Chanty Tribute 2014
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 02:22:21 AM »
Very nice logo.  Just found the actual logo on this company's website, under 'Logo Design'...

http://www.judahcreative.com/portfolio/

So, being new to all of this, apparently I'm not familiar with all the lingo.  Is "Widda" an acronym or is it just slang or ebonics for 'Widow'?

Love is a difficult & lifelong journey.  You shouldn't have to travel it alone.

-tyler white

swilson

• Widower since Sept. 2014
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 08:26:24 AM »
Maybe a play on the noun Wicca. Not to suggest we're all pagans although to be a widow(er) means belonging to a group that no one chooses to hang with. I wondered if the pinky swear of the logo suggests that fellow widow(er)s will try to honor, support and encourage one another without malice, judgments or intolerance.
~ she's gone to Heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world ~

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 08:42:02 AM »
Widdas, wids, widsters. All nicknames we have developed over the years. Just a play on widow that includes widowers
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

mokie

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 08:22:04 PM »
Not from "Wicca", just a slang form of widow.

Michael797

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 08:52:14 PM »
(I think we had been teasingly using it as our "gang" sign.  =) 

Funny you should mention that. Have any of you gone to urbandictionary.com and typed "widda" in the search box? It's fairly amusing.

Then again, I'd put the wids around here up against anyone else who thinks they have cred.

Chopperette

• JIC 52 Ruptured Brain Aneurysm 3/21/2013
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »

Funny you should mention that. Have any of you gone to urbandictionary.com and typed "widda" in the search box? It's fairly amusing.

widda
1.a true gangster.
2.A lover of rap music.
3.A rebel without a cause.
4.A loose cannon

I suppose 3 and 4 are kind of true. 1 is doable but 2 is a defenitely NO!

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »

widda
1.a true gangster.
2.A lover of rap music.
4.A loose cannon

I have a 17 year old boy...  if he is driving that's my only choice of music.  Widda or not, NO WAY!

mokie

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 10:46:13 PM »

widda
1.a true gangster.
2.A lover of rap music.
4.A loose cannon

That's hilarious!!!  3 and 4 have definitely been true in this "widda-ed" life!

Lewis

• Administrator
    • Dedicated to my first love...
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 02:00:01 AM »
The widda logo came from the Widdas Gone Wild Bago a few years ago.  We started using it on our bago t-shirts.  I'm not positive, but I think Lewis came up with it.  It could have been a collaborative effort.  (I think we had been teasingly using it as our "gang" sign.  =)

Yes! It definitely was a collaborative effort with us at the Widdas Gone Wild Bago. We adopted the gesture as our "gang" symbol. I took it a step further and asked my good friend, Judah, at judahcreative.com to digitize our sign into a logo. He took our idea and came up with the heart with the crossed fingers to add to it. I loved it! Threw some cash at him and received the logo as my own. :D

I am glad everyone likes it! And no, it is not a play on the word Wicca, :) To me, the heart represents the love we have for our widda family...the struggles that we help carry each other through...the many hugs given at bagos... Over all, the logo represents the bond that we have in our club that no one wants to be in.

Thanks for calling attention to the logo! I am really glad that everyone likes it! :D

Lewis

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »
Where's the like button??!

Love 3 and 4.
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com