Author Topic: Opinions appreciated...  (Read 2221 times)

Kater

Re: Opinions appreciated...
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »
I also just learned about meetup.com from visiting these and other boards.  I went to my first meetup last Saturday. 

We just went for drinks to a quiet lounge where we could easily talk (I think there were about 9 or 10 of us).  It was nice as we are all just getting to know each other, as the group is newish.  However, future meetups are planned for dinner, bowling, comedy club outing, walks at a park, etc.  I think it has grown a bit and so some "sub" meetups are planned for those that are single parenting (with kid friendly locations selected for those), etc.

I like the idea of a weekend.  For most of us, weekends are the hardest times of the week, so a Saturday night meet up is a nice way to break things up.

Good luck and good for you for venturing out.  It took some courage just to attend one, let alone organize one.  I am sure those that participate will greatly appreciate your efforts.

K.

SoVerySad

Re: Opinions appreciated...
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 06:20:58 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions, Kater. I'm hoping doing this will reverse my current trend of preferring to stay home by forcing myself to go out. Since I enjoy helping others, hopefully it will be successful.
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.