Young Widow Forum > General Discussion

Out of Curiosity

(1/3) > >>

lcoxwell:
As many of you are trying to save posts, or threads, from the old YWBB site, in order to keep from losing some of your personal histories, I was wondering, are there particular threads or posts that truly meant something to you, that you wish were either started or shared here on the new site?  I know a few topics have migrated over.  I was just wondering if there is something else you would really like to see here.

JacklessSally:
Radio Hell / Transmissions from Hell.

It is the reason I'm here honestly, minus the obvious.

MrsDan:
I'm of a mixed mind. I have 116 pages of posts over there, and I thought about saving some, but it seems logistically and emotionally daunting.

Justin:

--- Quote from: MrsDan on March 09, 2015, 01:32:41 PM ---I'm of a mixed mind. I have 116 pages of posts over there, and I thought about saving some, but it seems logistically and emotionally daunting.

--- End quote ---

It seems that way for me, too. I did export all PM's to my email, but I am just not up to trying to archive all of my own posts.

Ironically, I have now learned to let go more easily of "things" in the wake of Marsha's death. I feel the same about my posts on a personal level. I just hate to lose the collective community knowledge of YWBB.

lcoxwell:
I am with you, @MrsDan.  I wasn't home this weekend, so I did not have access to my computer, only the iPad.  While a part of me would like to preserve the history and to go back and read some of my earlier posts, just to see how far I have come in almost a year, if nothing else, another part of me is completely overwhelmed with the prospect of having to go through 933 posts to decide what to keep and what to discard.  To make matters worse, I am hitting the one year anniversary and am in the middle of my busiest time of the school year for holding IEP meetings; and, quite honestly, I simply do not have time to devote to having to copy or cut and paste.  Plus, I have been sick for three days and just don't have the energy.  *sigh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version