Time Frame > Newly Widowed (1 day to 6 months)

Our suggestions for the newly widowed

<< < (8/8)

butterfly:
BambiGrk,

I am so sorry for your loss.  You were robbed.  I am grieving the future that we should have had and feel like a freak/alien because none of my friends or family have experienced this type of loss. Reading some of these posts have helped me feel a little less alone and little less confused.  Thank you for posting.

Butterfly

BambiGrk:
Butterfly,

I am sorry you are grieving and for your loss as well. Yes, it is so hard when there is no one around that understands this type of loss. I def get the freak/alien thing, as that's how I feel too. Or it's like everyone is treating you with kid gloves.

My Mother seems to think that she can do things to keep my mind off it; take me to get my hair or nails done, shopping, etc, etc. I suppose there are women out there that do grieve like that but for me personally I have no desire to do these things. They will not make me forget my loss and they will not stop my hurt, even for a minute. Not to say I don't appreciate her kind gesture.

It is comforting to know that there are people going through the same thing, although I am sad that they have to...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version