Author Topic: I Guess I Belong Here Now  (Read 3537 times)

Mac

• Some of my photos: http://www.flickr.com/wackomaco
    • I have some of my photos here on flickr
I Guess I Belong Here Now
« on: May 03, 2015, 12:32:31 AM »
With an amazing woman. Exclusive relationship. In many ways I think that I'm a hard match. Grateful that we seem to fit together so well.
Grateful for the past. Embracing the present. Trusting in the future.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
Re: I Guess I Belong Here Now
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
I hope things continue to go great and that we maybe get a pic at some point. Wonderful! :)
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

lcoxwell

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 06:59:57 PM »
I am so glad that you have found an amazing woman, and hope that things continue to go well for the two of you.  :)
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Mac

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:01 PM »
Thank you for your comments.
Life is good, grateful for that. DD got engaged this weekend. He's a great guy. I really like/get along well with his mom and dad.
I am glad that I have had some experience dating. That experience has been an education and has helped identify what is most important/works the best for me.
This is such a whole new world, especially after being with DW for 28 years. I do believe that going through such a traumatic event as we all have, has the potential to raise us to having a higher appreciation of life and to accentuate our good traits.
Much to be happy about these days...

Sugarbell

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 10:27:10 PM »
Very very happy for you Mac!   :)

Just enjoy...You deserve all the happiness coming your way.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

mokie

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
That's awesome!  Enjoy!
When you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance!

TooSoon

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »
Happy to hear it, Mac.  I was surprised by the degree to which I came out of all of this knowing with such clarity and certainty what I wanted and needed.  Almost as surprised as I was to find it. 

Above all else, ENJOY!

Mac

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 10:36:26 AM »
Happy to hear it, Mac.  I was surprised by the degree to which I came out of all of this knowing with such clarity and certainty what I wanted and needed.  Almost as surprised as I was to find it. 

Above all else, ENJOY!

I've figured out a bunch what I want and need, but some of that is still a discovery process. I do feel so good about so much. Confidence is on overdrive, trusting in the future and having fun. I wasn't one to worry much before about the future, but now I worry even less.

Still after being married and faithful for 27-1/2 years, this does seem slightly surreal at times. What an unexpected and fun place I find myself in. Along with that, I still sometimes find it strange to realize that I am the only parent that my children have to talk to.

Feeling grateful for much. The life I had with DW. Surviving and thriving after getting though my grief. My enhanced appreciation of life. Having a kind and fun woman in my life. And I am quite curious to see what the future holds.

Melbar

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 01:04:27 PM »
Congratulations Mac!  It is good to be in a place where you're happy either way, and then BAM.  Best wishes! 

Gabzmom

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 01:21:47 AM »
Congrats, Mac!
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

Mel4072

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 07:23:32 PM »
Yay!!!! We are on the same page!!