Author Topic: "British Invasion" bago, June 20th, Allentown, PA  (Read 20195 times)

Lmsmdm

• Joined Ywbb July/2011
Re: "British Invasion" bago, June 20th, Allentown, PA
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »
Slip and slide has been procured so pack bathing suits if you like (for the children that is).

See you all tomorrow!!

Uummmmmm why just the kiddies???
You hate me don't you? Yup, so much I married you twice! :)

singinmomo4

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2015, 09:30:53 PM »
Address please!  :D
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

K-REBat

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
Dudes,

Sorry I missed it.
Summer is a killer for me.

--K

singinmomo4

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2015, 10:00:01 PM »
Karen, you were missed and you missed a wonderful time. 

Too Soon and lmsmdm, you really did a wonderful job, thank you for putting it together!

And adp, the man of the hour, it was great meeting you!

Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2015, 01:19:59 AM »
Outstanding bago!!!! Thank you 8)
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

MeAndTheKids

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »
Many thanks to our hostesses for a terrific bago (including comfortable backyard weather)

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2015, 09:48:45 AM »
Awesome bago guys!  Loved connecting with everyone :)
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

Michael797

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2015, 11:20:43 AM »
Report from the field: British Invasion Bago

The rain held out just long enough for the festivities to proceed in full swing. In attendance ? a veritable ?Who the hell are you?? of widow-dom:

TooSoon & adp (our wonderful hosts)
Lmsmdm & Don (their accomplices)
Singinmomo4
LisaPop
MissingSquish
MeAndTheKids
IMissDow
SoVerySad
Wheelerswife (gracing us on the first stop of her Widow World Tour 2015)
KeepTrying
QuoVadis
BlueMoon15
Biscuit (so very glad you could come)
And a boatload of kids ? all surprisingly sweet

Deepest thanks to rifatheroffour for the gracious, generous, and quickly non-existent donation of a box of his famous chocolates. This reporter had to spit on his so one of the kids wouldn?t snatch it out of my hand.

Conversations soon filled the air, punctuated by the occasional shrieks of children heavily armed with sparklers. Food was plentiful as always; everyone breathed sighs of relief upon the realization that the mac & cheese puff-things had survived the arduous trip from Long Island.

The proceedings took a solemn turn as the female wids formed a circle to perform their traditional sharing of forbidden secrets. Despite this reporter?s attempts to disrupt the proceedings by shouting ?Hey, it?s Liam Neeson!?, nothing could deter these wids from performing their rituals. So Mote It Be.

As proof that some things can actually end well, the events concluded with copious heartfelt hugs and promises, all of which will no doubt be kept. The Marines continue to wish they had the fortitude of our beloved wids. As always, this reporter?s recommendation regarding widowbagos is ?Attend one, create one, do anything you can to make it to one.?

Next stop ? Amsterdam!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:22:36 AM by Michael797 »

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
Well reviewed. Just need to add that Rosie was a heartwarming addition to our group. She made me happy.
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

MeAndTheKids

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
and, sadly, the aforementioned circle's attempt to conjure more chocolate failed miserably....

SoVerySad

« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2015, 02:11:56 PM »
Adding my appreciation to TooSoon and lmsmdm as well. We had such a nice time. It was great to meet adp, as well as all the others I got to meet. Very nice to be surrounded by such lovely people. I miss you all already.
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

biscuit

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »
Yes, thank you.  It was my first bago and I had a great time.  Everyone was so warm and welcoming, and I really could feel the widow love.  It was great meeting all of you, I will definitely try to stay more in touch with my wid community.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
Rosie thoroughly enjoyed the day.  It was her first big event in regular dog mode...well, except that Mommy tried to stop her at every turn when she tried to sneak snacks that had fallen on the ground.  Thanks to TooSoon's daughter for taking such good care of her and making sure she got frequent walks and a chance to chase a ball and chew up some sticks.  Ah...and then there was the brief stint on the slip-and-slide.  Rosie extends invitations to one and all to make the trek to beautiful western Kansas where she's be happy to show you all her home and the local dog park (a wonderful plot of grass with a 6 foot fence....what else would you expect out on the nearly treeless prairie?) 

Until our next trek east....love and licks to all!

Rosie (and Mommy)

Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

TooSoon

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2015, 03:41:55 PM »
So super glad you all could make it - always wonderful (in that bittersweet way) to meet new comrades in widowdom and have a chance to revisit that comforting place of seeing the old friends with whom we've been through so much and my daughter will fly high on all of that sugar, sun and having other children around for a very long time.  And of course, adp loved every minute of it all! 

On to business, someone left a safari themed tote back with what looks like a rain jacket, a fleece and maybe a towel in it (I didn't want to rummage around) in my kitchen.  Anyone want to claim it?  I can try to pop it in the mail sometime this week.

Thanks again so much for coming and see you all again soon, I hope!  TS 

MeAndTheKids

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »
The bag is probably mine; I PM'd details to make sure.