Specific Situations > Young Widow/ers with No Children

Island of Misfit Widow(ers)...continued

<< < (2/4) > >>

marian1953:
Yes, kmouse.  I always appreciated that, too. I enjoyed reading the original posts again. They brought up a lot of memories shared between the child less/free
wids.
Marian

donswife:
HI
I am very new to ywbb but this section struck so close to me. My don and I were together 27 years and we never had kids (by choice)
we have tons of nieces and nephews and to tell the truth we liked each other to much to have our own kids:)I totally understand the us time we had , just the two of us at home was my favorite times. I mostly miss our sundays of just working on the house or me cooking all day and him puttering. I miss the every day phone calls when he was leaving work and letting me know he was heading home.Its only been been 5 months since he passed but I still cant seem to grasp that he is gone.

marian1953:
Hi, Peter and I were together 33 years, and he died when I had just had my 53rd bd. We were content being the aunt and uncle everyone loved. You are not alone here. Yes, the nesting we do as just two is very intense. Peter and I were both employees of the same college, and that made it so much worse because I  swear I saw him for months.
take care so sorry you had to join us-
Marian

donswife:
@marian1953   so true I see My Don everywhere. Even my friends say they have to double take every once in awhile because they see him or a truck just like his etc. Its so nice to have a place with people who have gone through this intense sadness and be able to talk ,

marian1953:
donswife,
I am so glad you found us here.  This board was akin to a lighthouse beacon when I first became a widow.
Marian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version