Author Topic: My wife is getting ripped up, can I get some folks to help?  (Read 4655 times)

Justin

• Administrator
  • From KY to AZ, USA AKA:MissingMarsha
Re: My wife is getting ripped up, can I get some folks to help?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 09:32:03 AM »
Sometimes I get flack for using the word "liberating" about being widowed.  I'm still stuck with my actual not so tiny house but the letting go of the inconsequential, the unfun, the negative, the striving, the artifice, learning to live for today and not tomorrow, finding joy in the teensiest of things and having so much of what I *thought* mattered shattered have been the big silver linings of being widowed.  Not every day is great, but it wouldn't have been anyway.  Little house, big heart.  I love it!

I totally get this. A few months ago, I commented to a fellow wid that in some ways I now feel a freedom that I never had before. I married young, and never really developed my own adult identity on my own. I'm learning who I am now, and am pretty excited about it!
Marsha 1975-2014

"Love is the province of the brave"

Mel4072

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Dave, thank you for taking care of my friend!!! She's got a heart of gold. Piss on these people who don't know her and want to hurt her! I'm glad she's got you!!!

SieOma

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 06:53:19 AM »
Staying in a tiny home would drive some people mad, but I think my teens and I would have been the kind to have benefited. We camped in one room for a while after our loss. We stayed close. I imagine, once used to the differences, it was cozy and far less overwhelming.

On another note to anyone whose loss was published, stay out of the comment sections. I won't link to painful and anger-inducing stories, but there are people out there who actively seek out those stories for twisted kicks. There are many more who are simply but incredibly ignorant and insensitive.
SieOma

(7.4.10)

"The best way out is always through," (Robert Frost).