Author Topic: it's 2015. Do men still only want one thing?  (Read 9092 times)

Sugarbell

Re: it's 2015. Do men still only want one thing?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »
Well I do think that certain dating sites....you are more prone to find men and women looking for sex/hook ups. I would assume you find more people just wanting sex on say POF or AdultFriendFinder than say Single Christian Mingle or whatever it's called?.?....Not all.....but it seems more prevalent.

Personally...I think technology in General makes men and women more prone to blurt certain things out without thinking of consequences:...Things they normally wouldn't say on a first in person date or even phone call.:.

Sex-texting...phone sex....them if it goes to IRL sex without any dates/courtship....it's usually a wash that a relationship isn't going to happen. Not ALL the time of course...:but odds usually aren't too good.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 08:13:49 PM »
If I'm not looking to hook up I just stop talking to them. I've been at this awhile I judge someone by how he acts not what his profile says
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:27:34 AM by LisaPop »
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

Mel4072

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 06:41:49 AM »
I believe it's up to you to set boundaries. See if he respects them. The guy I'm dating talked about sex the first time we met. I very abruptly said "I don't sleep around." He asked me for a second date. The second date I told him I would wait for marriage. We are going on 4 months now. Met online. He has now met my family.
I think it's up to you to let people know what your boundaries are. It's even fine to set those boundaries by text or message. Yes, it's a technology age. Don't be afraid to tell him that you feel he is a little too forward in his conversations skills. But if you like him, say that too.
Without those boundaries, it's very hard to get to know somebody.

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 08:31:42 AM »
I really am trying to give benefit of the doubt. I don't know how to phrase what I'm thinking exactly.  I try not to let it put me off completely if something gets said but when they ask for "pictures"  or "I cant wait to lick your a**" .........those I RUN from.  It's just the middle of the road ones that I don't know how to gauge. Theyre not prince charming, but they're not exactly crude either. I did totally stop talking to that one guy though that I started the thread about and he will still pop up occasionally and ask how I am. Its disheartening really. But I'm not to the point I can pay for the "good" sites. I think I'm going to just take a step back altogether. Right now just may not be good for me either.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

maddalena

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 10:48:41 AM »
Carey,
sounds like you're doing the right thing. Tell the middle guys what you don't like? feedback helps!

good luck.

look2thesky

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
If it's just about sex why bother.
He occasionally keeps popping up because he's been shot down by everyone else who's possibly somewhat normal.

IronBear

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 08:05:33 AM »
Testosterone controls much of our lives for many years.  ;)

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 08:45:05 AM »
love it when the guys chime in on posts like this.  lol Glad ya'll are here to have your brains picked.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

Captains wife

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »
I feel as though I have ALOT of online dating experience so will chime in here - and I also am not into men who are too forward on this topic, too quickly. I feel as though there are different pools of men out there - those that so obviously want sex and that is their priority and others who also want it but would also like a relationship attached.

I feel as though the men who are into just finding a new sex partner make their true colors shown VERY quickly. I think some sexy remarks or flirting is great but some men just take it too far, too quickly. And I personally keep away from those ones as I am looking for more than just a fling.

Use your judgement - I find filtering via a phone call works wonders as sometimes things can get miscontrued via text. But if men are asking for nude shots, making nasty comments up front, block them immediately and move on. There are lots of gentlemen out there !

Sugarbell

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
My very limited 3 week experience on Match....it was only the young 25 year olds who would message "You're a MILF let's hook up" that were blatant about sex.

Really the men in my general age group were looking for substance/relationships.

But again...my experience was VERY brief.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

nonesuch

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
If it's just about sex why bother.
He occasionally keeps popping up because he's been shot down by everyone else who's possibly somewhat normal.

hehehe.  I live in a small state. After a while, I could recognize the frequent fliers on Craig's List, even if they re-wrote their ads.  More than once, I thought, "Oh he sounds ni....   Oh, wait. That's Ron.  Again"

IronBear

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 07:57:16 PM »
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:05:10 PM by IronBear »

look2thesky

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 08:12:23 PM »
Edited
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:43:33 PM by look2thesky »

MikeR

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 08:39:21 AM »
Just came across this thread. Another guy perspective:

If he's talking about sex in the first few messages, that's what's on his mind, You have to wonder how interested he is in a relationship. Now as a guy, we all want sex sooner or later, but if we are looking for a relationship first, then we should be able to control ourselves for a while.

Someone else wrote here that our actions are more telling than our profiles. It's true. If the guy is talking about sex, that's what he's looking for. He may turn out to be a decent guy who also wants a relationship, but just be aware. You might (probably) have to sift through a lot of dirt to find your gem.

Mike
Cathryn, your love made me what I am today.I am in awe of you.

Michael

ieh21

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 12:56:35 PM »
it's 2015. Do men still only want one thing?

Some days, I have to admit my answer is I WISH! :-)