Author Topic: it's 2015. Do men still only want one thing?  (Read 9125 times)

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
Re: it's 2015. Do men still only want one thing?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »
I just want to know what is expected of me, am I supposed to carry the conversation? I really really do NOT know how to do this, and the things I'm freaking out may well be the new norm. I stumbled into Chad for God's sake, wasn't even looking. I was calling a friend, friend wasn't home, roommate answered the phone, and I ended up married to said roommate for 17 years.  Maybe I just need to get out the phone book ......
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

Virgo

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
I know how you feel. I haven't dated since I was 16. Do you put yourself out there? I have a single girlfriend and this is something that we discussed during our last lunch date. I mean, if you stay home you're not going to meet anyone there. Ha! Get involved in activities that you enjoy, or did enjoy. If you happen to meet someone during one of those activities you'll already have something in common to talk about. If you don't, then at least you're doing something for yourself.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

MikeR

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 10:05:52 PM »
Carey,

I don't think it's the new norm, but perhaps it's more prevalent these days? As far as carrying the conversation goes, it should be a two-way street. If not, you're talking to the wrong guy. Be yourself and if that doesn't work for the guy, move on. Sooner or later you'll run across someone with whom you click. At least, that's what I'm doing. I keep hoping.

ieh21,

it's 2015. Do men still only want one thing?

Some days, I have to admit my answer is I WISH! :-)

For those days, I'll send you my phone number  ;)  (hey, I'm a guy - what did you expect?)

Mike

Cathryn, your love made me what I am today.I am in awe of you.

Michael