Author Topic: Check In  (Read 6150 times)

SieOma

Check In
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:54:41 PM »
This section is too quiet. I realize the move was quite something to deal with, but please just let us know you are here. Members are trying to get everybody moved, so a check in would be helpful.

Thanks, and I am so sorry YWBB let you down...
SieOma

(7.4.10)

"The best way out is always through," (Robert Frost).

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
Re: Check In
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:36 PM »
I've been wondering about this too... I know we have newbies, somewhere between here and the proboards forum. Climb onto the raft, guys-- here's a hand. Promise we won't let you down. ((((HUGS))))
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Chrispy89

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 02:43:31 AM »
hola! I'm almost at 6 months, but pretty sure I was one of the last groups of people to be approved (in December). I worry a lot of people would have been waiting to be approved after signing up and have missed the boat to this new board...

singinmomo4

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 06:49:46 AM »
I suspect you are right Chrispy.   :-[
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

LostMyCharles

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »
I'm here! I'm holding on to the raft with every last bit of my strength.

I don't want to speak for other new widdas, but for me it's daunting to consider creating a new thread. I guess I feel like, since most of you who are long-timers and have been there, done that, you've seen the same topics over and over and over.  I can't possibly bring anything new/original to the conversation.

I WILL speak for the others, though, when I say THANK YOU for being here for us and letting us know that it is possible to move through the grief, in our own time and our own way.

Jessica
"He was my North, my South, my East and West..." W.H. Auden

My love is with you always, Charles. 6/29/66 - 12/08/14

midnight_man

• Itoigawa Jones
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:45 AM »
Hi - still here and coming up on 3 months out. Not posting much lately but I usually check in at least once a day. Pleased that everyone has found a new home here.

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
*Waves* 4 months in 3 days..
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »

I don't want to speak for other new widdas, but for me it's daunting to consider creating a new thread. I guess I feel like, since most of you who are long-timers and have been there, done that, you've seen the same topics over and over and over.  I can't possibly bring anything new/original to the conversation.

Go ahead and post away!  We all went through newbie status before you and asked the same questions and ranted about the same frustrations.  We get it!  I know there are newer widows out there and I hope they find this place and can feel what we all felt when we got here...someone else understands!  We don't have to do it alone.

Ask about anything you want.  It is why this place exists.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

swilson

• Widower since Sept. 2014
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
I'll hang onto this raft until my knuckles turn white. 6 months out for me this week, but not ready to be weaned off the nourishment I receive from everyone. Off topic - I love the capital W logo formed by a two handed pinky swear, does anyone know if it has meaning or am I just over thinking it?
~ she's gone to Heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world ~

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »
I'm here! I'm holding on to the raft with every last bit of my strength.

I WILL speak for the others, though, when I say THANK YOU for being here for us and letting us know that it is possible to move through the grief, in our own time and our own way.

Jessica

To echo Maureen, don't let it feel daunting to start a new thread. Put something out there and people will respond. I felt the same way when I first joined and finally figured oh screw it, I need to talk about what I am feeling. I am glad I did because without fail, someone was always there to make me feel supported and even when there was no advice, I always knew I was heard. We all need each other.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

SieOma

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »
It is good to see some people made the jump.

LostMyCharles, I just want to add my voice to those encouraging you to post. It might not be new to me, but it is new to you, and that matters.
SieOma

(7.4.10)

"The best way out is always through," (Robert Frost).

tmwenger

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »
I am checking in, I made it here. I do not write a lot but I read, extensively.  :o

Mizpah

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 01:39:39 PM »
I guess I feel like, since most of you who are long-timers and have been there, done that, you've seen the same topics over and over and over.  I can't possibly bring anything new/original to the conversation.

It's not about saying something original - it's about saying what you need to say, reading what you need to read, getting and giving the support you need. 
widowed 2011 (DH 28)

Blue14

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 08:38:39 PM »
Hello,

Checking in. I am five months and two days out. Bob. Kidney cancer. 51. Horrific death that I can't stop reliving. I was on the YWBB and must have been one of the last to get approved. I read every day and wouldn't still be here without you all, but struggle to post. Despite being a writer, I find that I can't articulate my feelings in words. Truly ironic. I also can't read books, which has been my escape since I was a child. At work, I wish it were the weekend. On weekends, I wish I were at work. I can't sleep much and must have the six-hour version of Pride & Prejudice playing on my iPad every night to get any rest. Let me add my tremendous gratitude that this place exists and my even greater sorrow that we are all here.

mixelated

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
Hi. Three months out. New on this new board.
Feeling very low and without words, but trying to engage with others and connect.