Author Topic: Oh my fucking god (can I even write that in a title?) - more in-law drama...  (Read 5679 times)

SieOma

I'm hoping that in a few years, I'll be settled into something of a new life, sitting in my little garden on a warm evening in a far away place with a glass of wine and (perhaps) some great new company, and I'll be able to look back on these events with half a smile and say, "Yeah, those were some strange times, but I got through it in one piece."

5 years later, I am settled into a new life. I was sitting on my little balcony on a hot day in a fairly far away place with a bottle of water when I read your post. As I hit reply, the heat drove me back inside, but whatever.  ;) I have great new company, though at the moment, I am enjoying some peaceful solitude. I read your original post on this thread. I had a couple of vicious in-laws like that. The day I met them was the day of his funeral. There was, of course, a reason we were never introduced, and I was quite aware of it. That fact did not stop them or the hurt or the chaos they caused. I also got a letter that basically shoved a fistful of glass into my deepest ever wound. They started rumors, vicious rumors that were so far from the truth... They were awful. Just awful. At the time, I wrote to my wid-family that I sincerely believed the only reason they weren't accusing me of killing my husband was because they couldn't figure out how to get people to believe I threw an SUV in his path that day. And I know because I was there living it, they would have done it if they could have gotten it to sound remotely possible.

Today, when I read the quote above, I looked back at that time...

They sure gave it their best. They really did. You know what?

;D I survived WELL. Start designing that garden, Love.
SieOma

(7.4.10)

"The best way out is always through," (Robert Frost).

Brenda

They sure gave it their best. They really did. You know what?

;D I survived WELL. Start designing that garden, Love.

Thank you ever so much for replying!  It's great to hear that so far down the road you've thrived and the turmoil of the immediate aftermath has faded.

Garden planning time it is!

Stevesbabyness

Re: Oh my fucking god (can I even write that in a title?) - more in-law drama...
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 10:36:08 AM »
This.
This was exactly the thread I needed to see today.

It's been two years today that Steve had his accident, resulting in his death two days later.
I've dealt with lawyers' letters and high court lawsuits this entire time. (His parents demanded money less than three weeks after his death which they'd given him for the deposit on our flat seven years earlier--before I ever lived in the country, much less knew him.)

I thought I was coming out of it until today, when the monster shit-law has demanded double in costs, and I fell apart this afternoon.

Thank you for the reminder that I will still be able to design my garden...sometime...hopefully soon.

Big hugs to my fella widdas dealing with shit-laws...

oscarsbeloved

Re: Oh my fucking god (can I even write that in a title?) - more in-law drama...
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 11:50:20 PM »
that's awful. love has no gender, it's just love. can't they understand that? the heart wants what it wants. they sound like my Oscar's parents. he cut ties with them long ago, they're religious nuts. they turned his memorial into propaganda for their church and censored most of the things i said because i wasn't his wife, just a fiancee. they keep acting like all of our problems were because I'm catholic/was married before/was living unwed with their son. people like that have to blame others because they know deep down they're the reason their kids want nothing to do with them. take comfort in the fact that your wife chose YOU to love. none of us can choose our families.
Oh yes, I know the way to heaven was easy.
We found the little kingdom of our passion
That all can share who walk the road of lovers.
In wild and secret happiness we stumbled;
And gods and demons clamoured in our senses.

- "The Imperfect Lover" by Siegfried Sassoon

pms1954

• Regina "Pete" STeimer
You don't have to take this. Get a no contact order that prevents them from making any contact with you. This is hard enough without stupid people making it worse.