Author Topic: Letter to a Friend  (Read 5742 times)

mo

Re: Letter to a Friend
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 09:13:02 PM »
My sister in law set up a massage for me. It was too much, too intimate. I just kept thinking that the last person to touch me was my husband. And how long until I feel someone else's touch? And will it still feel as good as it did? How long until I don't have to pay someone to touch me? I cried the whole time but stayed because it felt so good.

Mrskro

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 12:47:19 PM »
I'm thinking this should go back to the top.

Hugs to all who have recently lost someone.

MR

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 10:52:59 AM »
So true feel same everyday

Tx
MR

WifeLess

• Global Moderator
  • Widowed: August 2009 Remarried: June 2013
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »
Bumping up for newer members.

Missing AC

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:28 PM »
Thank you for this.  It expresses everything I have been experiencing, thinking and feeling and wish I could express to friends and family.  I will carry it with me along with Unique and Devastating Loss.

lostwholesoul

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 02:01:58 PM »
I just came across this website. I am 6 months, 4 days in. I have gone through the 6mos-1 year posts and am now back-tracking through 1-6 mos posts. I sure wish I had come across this site sooner. Perhaps I wasn't ready for it. This letter embodies it all....... sigh....... Nice to be around people who get where I am at. Kind of twisted I just used the word nice to describe hell....... Yet, I think everyone gets it...

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 08:12:34 PM »
Yes lws we do get it.  We're all here for each other! Sorry you had to find us and glad that you did.
Hugs!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

kailee

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 07:09:58 PM »
Wow. Thank you for reposting this. I wish I didn't understand every word of it. I hate this club we are all in.

RyanAmysMom

• Seek joy.
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 12:39:59 AM »
Several times in the past couple of weeks my "mask" of sanity and composure has cracked, and I've shed tears publicly - and my friends and family (and sometimes complete strangers) just gape open mouthed like they've never seen a woman cry before...... So I posted this to my FB last night - hoping to explain myself a little - hoping to understand myself a little....... 

Angelalpn

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 11:26:41 AM »
Thank you for this. It says everything. Is there a way to copy and paste this. I would love to post it on facebook

Lonely Joe

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
   My wife passed away on June 14th. I found this forum a few days ago and it has really helped. It was good to know what some of the "normal" (as if anything is normal after this happens) things are that go on in the first few weeks.

I started keeping a journal which has really brought me some comfort. I just write stuff down that comes to me throughout the day.

I'm a high school counselor and have the summer off. I wonder if going back to work in August will be better or worse? Right now i just try to stay busy around the house, organizing closets, sorting through Elisabeth's stuff, and doing stuff for my teenage kids.

TornApart

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 12:04:46 AM »
Bumping because this letter is so helpful
"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight." Kahlil Gibran