Author Topic: Moving Blues  (Read 8036 times)

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
Re: Moving Blues
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 02:28:08 AM »
Congrats on the new house.  I, too, just moved into my new house about a month ago. I closed on it nearly 6 months ago, but needed to make a few repairs/improvements. I am 3000 miles away from my real home in the Florida Keys...but that life is now over. Stuck in suburbia where the only thing that matters is perfect landscaping and everyone constantly has their panties in a wad over everyone else's business.

I don't know about you, but I am really having a hard time accomplishing anything.  I still have a lot of stuff in boxes in the garage.  I culled most of our possessions when I moved from Florida, because it was more cost effective to shitcan everything than to move it, but there is still quite a bit.  I just can't bring myself to care. 

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 09:40:16 AM »
I moved into a 3 bedroom townhome. One of the bedrooms is just for storage of LH's things. He had quite a collection of pretty much everything. I rented a dumpster before I moved and filled it, but there is still just so much. And I still have things to fetch from the old house, but I have time for all of that. Most of the things I actually need are in the new house, the rest of the stuff is just things to put in the spare bedroom.

It is hard to get the new place organized when I feel mentally worn out all the time. I finally got my kitchen together and that made me feel better, but I pretty much feel like I need a Xanax most of the time because my anxiety is just through the roof.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »
It's such a huge undertaking on your own!  You will get it done in time.  Bedroom, bathroom and kitchen being functional then the rest whenever you get to it (remind me of my wise words in 2 months please! Lol)

I'm glad you have room for storage so you didn't have to part with all of your DH's collections.  There is only so much we can expect of ourselves. 

Is it possible to plan a weekend get away so you just get away from it all for a short time?
You will forever be my always.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »
I want to push through until it is done so my mind can slow down, but after that I really want to get away for the weekend and take a little break from my life. Hopefully that will happen.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

A Tout Jamais

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »
It is hard to get the new place organized when I feel mentally worn out all the time. I finally got my kitchen together and that made me feel better, but I pretty much feel like I need a Xanax most of the time because my anxiety is just through the roof.

(((Jess)))

I do so understand!! It is quite overwhelming, and I felt very much the same. But, inch by inch you'll make progress! 

Remember:

"A journey of a thousand miles
 begins with a single step."

~~ Confucius

You are on your way and have taken some significant steps already! I'm thinking of you and send you lots of positive energy!!

Here's a calming (Big HUG) coming your way!

ATJ  :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:19:11 PM by A Tout Jamais »
"Tu n'es plus là où tu étais, mais tu es partout là où je suis."
~~ Victor Hugo

"Je me souviens de toi ... Je me souviens de nous  - Il était une fois -  Je me souviens de tout!"

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 08:48:31 PM »
Thinking of you. Ive moved twice since widowed and I had a ton of help. It was still very overwhelming and exhausting.ni hope you can unwind soon
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡